Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Day with New Hope

I am thrilled with the outcome of the election.

I also want to qualm the fears of my republican friends.

Obama's speech was magnificent, inspiring and uplifting.

While watching TV tonight, I was amazed that Pat Robertson gave Obama a glowing tribute, saying that he had ran the race well, never wavered and that if he in fact DID the things he said he would do, he could truly be the greatest president we have ever had.

He is a brilliant man with the smarts to surround himself with the smartest people and expect them to step up to the plate along side of him.

The country spoke...not only in electoral votes, but the popular votes as well.

This country that I love is in dire need of serious help.

I WILL say that McCain's speech was the most eloquent one I have ever heard from him. If he had spoken like that over the past months, it may have been a closer race.

The people of America have spoken.

The people of America want and need a change.

I truly believe in my heart that Obama will stick to his platform, and take all this pile of poop that has been dumped in his lap and will begin to return this nation to the country that was and SHOULD be.

As he said, it may not happen in the first year, or even the first term...but if he does the job that I think he is capable of and prepared for...we have a brighter future arising and a future that will bring us back to the title of being the greatest nation on earth.

The one thing I admired most about his speech was when he said that even the people that didn't vote for him...he hears their voices too and will be their president as well.

Even my repub husband has said that he thinks maybe this man can do the job.

I say let's give him a shot, and have his back the entire way.

It will be a tremendous job, and not one that I would want...but I feel that he is up for the task and ready to not only fight for this nation but for our future as well.

God bless him and his family

And God bless America!!

No comments: