Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh My "Deere"

My John Deere has been sick. I would almost rather my husband be on the outs than my riding lawn mower.

I am a yard fanatic. I can work in the yard from sun up till sun down....and I did JUST that today. I cut my own acre of grass, then moved next door to my retired neighbors. I cut, then I go back and weed eat (another favorite tool of mine) the entire perimeter of the property.

All of this is thanks to my next door husband (see previous post).

I bought my "Deere" from a neighbor for $400. It was the best money I ever spent.
Granted it is older, but after my next door husband put on the new blade belt and drive belt...I have been in a tizzy!!

After cutting my yard and the ole folks next door, I moved up to the front of our subdivision, which looked horrible...like a run down trailer park. I have been cutting it all summer long (where exactly do my home owner's association dues go)?

I don't mind cutting it, and in fact I do a pretty good job. But gas is a million dollars a gallon, and I feel that even if they don't pay me back, they could at LEAST slow down when they ZOOM by me with my back to the road, or at least swerve over to the other side of the road.

My daughter goes with me to pick up all the trash that has been thrown out by passer's that fly by our entrance.

All I know is that I am so entirely happy to back in the seat of my "Deere"...that the other questions seem a moot point.

So all the homeowners know that I will take care of everything (sounds like the same thing that is going on in my house).

But at least every time I pull into my subdivision, I admire my handiwork and mentally pat myself on the back.

They couldn't STOP me from doing it. If my yard looks great, I don't want it to be surrounded by unkempt or overgrown yards.

I guess that I have bumped up my responsibilities and have no one to blame but myself .

I may file a grievance or complaint at some point, if gas prices don't come down, but I feel so completely satisfied with my work that it almost makes it worth it to me.

I am an odd duck, I am anal about my yards, and thanks to that, the rest of the subdivision has a great entrance to their homes and I bring their property value up on a regular basis.

Sounds like a small rant, but with the heat index, it was 100 degrees while I did all of this work.

Who will nominate me for neighbor of the year??

Till next time.... a sunburned COTTON

1 comment:

Frances said...

Others in your sub should take a lesson from you and at least make up money for your gas. Maybe some of them will read it and follow suit. You are one more awesome and engergetic lady and put it all to good use. Wished you lived near me.
F