Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Waitress, a Mother.... and a Democrat !!!

I just finished watching Obama's speech...and for one of the few times in my life, I was left "Speechless"....with tears forming in my eyes.

He was eloquent, informed, articulate and impassioned.

I am the only Democrat at my workplace, besides the other African Americans that I work with. Let me retract that...I know of one other, but the point is made...we are few and far between at my job.

The thing that I get MOST tired of hearing is that Obama is a terrorist and a Muslim.

His faith is as a Christian. He quotes scripture with familiarity and reference.

I feel personally that the people that so dislike and oppose him are only showing their repressed racial bias...although most of them would immediately deny it.

This man WANTS to make a change in OUR lives.

He wants to revitalize the economy, the education system, the environment and health care...he wants to IMPROVE OUR NATION.

He is a man that has not been born into money or fame... but has fought his way into every position he has achieved or risen to.

He is not a BLACK man, he is not a MUSLIM, he is not a TERRORIST, He is an AMERICAN!

He is a man with the vision of making us once again a powerful and respected nation, who take care of their own, and one that knows that OIL will run out.... there is no doubt about that, AND IF WE DO NOT SEEK OTHER OPTIONS, We are only fooling ourselves and putting off the inevitable.

Look at the last eight years.

When Clinton left office, he had balanced the budget and had created millions of new jobs.

No one thinks he was a good husband..but HEY...he got the job done for us. We didn't elect him on his ability to be a faithful husband...we elected him to run the country, and in MY book, he succeeded well.

Then we had the "CHENEY" administration .

NOW we have the chance to pull the entire country together..To get people excited, involved and do what every person that loves our country should and MUST do.

VOTE...VOTE...VOTE !!!!

Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat...If you don't vote...it is the most critical mistake that you can make as an American.

Our country is built on this system...and if you are too lazy to vote...then you lose your right to bitch.(in my opinion)

It is a cross road that we stand at...it is a choice that we have to make. It is a time to stand up and be counted.

I will watch the "GOP" during their convention...but probably only to reassure myself that I will make the right decision on Nov.4th.

Whatever choice "YOU" make... just be SURE to go and have it registered...make your opinion heard, make your self count...and thereby "BE" accountable. If every person in this country voted "What a Wonderful World This Could Be".

Although I am firmly and staunchly a "DEM"...I encourage, challenge and plead with all Americans to exercise and use the "PRIVILEGE" that we have at our disposal to VOTE...VOTE ...VOTE.

It amazes me how many people that I know and respect say "I just don't vote...it won't make a difference".

THE "HELL" IT WON'T!!!!

Do me a favor if you read this post.

PROMISE yourself that you will get out and vote, not only for this election, but for ANY election that gives you the opportunity to have your opinion not only heard,but recorded and counted...and MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I "AM" AN OBAMA MAMA. I am not ashamed, I am extremely proud . If you are proud of your candidate...my hat is off to you...if you get off your butt and join in the voting.... If you don't want to vote... I feel extremely sorry for you as an American.

Till Next Time, ....if anybody comes back....COTTON

3 comments:

Joannah said...

Great Post Cotton! The kids were up late last night watching with us....I felt pretty proud, and I felt like I've been heard! I miss you!
-Obama Mommas-lol

Auto'Blog'raphy of a Waitress & Mom said...

Thanks for the post!! Everyone at work is SOOO excited about "PAWPAW" McCain having a woman as his running mate. I told them the best they can hope for is that McCain dies of old age and they are left with a woman president.As for to the "experience" of our candidate..."WHO CARES".....You know who does care? "HE" does. And that is what matters to me the most.

He is a man who wants to guide and lead us back to a sound economy and a sound nation.

I also miss you tons!! Thanks for reading me...and believe me you , there is going to be a LOT more coming in the next eight weeks.

We HAVE to get our "PEEPS" out to vote. I will email you a letter that my cousin sent to the USA Today and several other papers.
I am worried that now that MC "OLD" has thrown a female into the mix, it may give him a better shot.

Thanks for your support and thanks for your love....COTTON

Frances said...

Kelly I enjoyed your writing so much. I read it to Barbara when she was here and she wanted me to send it to Elizabeth so I did.So your writing is going everywhere. I am with you 100% and let's just hope we don't have another round with leaders like we have. Lots of talking to the Man upstairs needs to be going on. Frances