Monday, July 21, 2008

I Am Back , And My "Back" is Well...

After a week, I feel refreshed and ready to face the world again. It is amazing what a week at the beach can do for you, not to mention how it can make you realize that thirteen relatives can only be together for one week at a time...once a year. "We're OK with that"!
For the other 51 weeks..we try to stay away from each other as much as possible. It makes our family much more "Loving".

Once a year, we tell our brother how much we love him...and "BAM"...he forks out bucks to us lowly sisters...and subjects himself to a week with his siblings and our "CLING ALONG" kids...not to mention their girlfriends, once they reach the "likeable" stage.


It was an amazingly pleasant week...not ONE family fight...(We are famous for THAT one).

I only have a brother and a sister left in my "OLE" family tree. They are my "safe" place , my refuge and my saving salvation. They grew up with me, saw the same things that I did, and remember more things about my early youth than I do....although I can kick their butt in the memory department once I hit about 1970....both of them had a life then...my only life was to watch, admire and fantasize about what it would be like to be in their teenage shoes.I remember every detail of their high school years, and remember how excited I was to have them as an older brother and sister.

They have not let me down yet, and I am pushing fifty!!

We are all three from the same Mom and Dad...yet all different in our own way. I feel that we are pleasing blend of "tough", "mothering" "fumbling"...me being the obvious "latter".

It was week filled with kids, kids, kids...sun, sun, sun...and cocktails,cocktails,cocktails.

We all survived and feel better than we did when we left for the beach.

It can only be done ONCE a year...but ONCE a year we do the unthinkable...cram 13 or so people into a house for a week, and still come out loving each other, knowing each other a little better...and still feeling like a family. Actually, a pretty good stinkin family...if I may say so myself.

I will wait while the next 51 weeks go by until I go back to spend a cluttered, crazy and wonderful week with my family. It will probably take that long just to laugh at all the things that happened THIS trip and to save up for the next one.

Let's just hope my brother keeps his "PHAT" job....maybe next year, he can afford to fund the WHOLE SheBang!! (Hope he doesn't read this) !!!

Till next time..."SUNKIST" COTTON

No comments: