Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth!!

I had to work today. (UGGH) I was at work when one of my favorite servers came in. She was the subject of one of my posts. My African American friend that we will call "Tiffany". Her boyfriend is a football player at Clemson. She text him to tell him "Happy Fourth of July". He responded that he didn't celebrate "WHITE" people's holidays. She was fuming when she sent a text back that the first man to die in the revolution was a black man.

Even I was astounded. I had no idea that the first man to die in the revolution was a black man. She could only remember his first name "Nat".

I told her that it was really nice of our men to send him on out front...."Just let us know what is going on, and we will be RIGHT back here waiting to hear back from you".

All kidding aside (not really) Happy Fourth to every one of my faithful blog readers.

We live in a great Nation...the greatest in the world. We just need to take control and take stock in what the entire country needs...not just the select few. We need to Thank God that we are blessed enough to not only be Americans; but to take charge and command of the situation at hand..retuning this nation to a stable economy, and getting out of Iraq.

Although this is only MY view, I feel that it is beginning to be a broader and more practical view.

Now off the soap box..I hope you all had a happy and safe Fourth.

I hope that every person looks into their heart...and thinks "What can I do to help another person...what can I do to help make a change...what can I do to make a difference"?

Each one of us has an opportunity every day to make a difference. Whether we choose to do it is up to each individual..and more importantly up to the ones of us that have a conscience and a drive to make this country the "America The Beautiful" that is can be if we all take the initiative. Baby steps is all we need ...baby steps is all I am asking for..baby steps can be all that it takes. We can move mountains... we can CHANGE the world.

I have faith that there are enough of us that genuinely care and enough of us that could have an impact.

Think what a wonderful world we could create if we all "JUST TRIED".

I am an optimist...I am a believer...I am a participant...I am a person that cares.

ARE YOU?

Till next time...COTTON

No comments: