Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How Attractive AM I ?....REALLY

I came home from work tonight...Back killing me, worn out from working seven days a week.

I was sitting out back with the dogs reading my book..(the new David Sedaris book).

My husband came out back to talk to me when I started my lament.

I told him I was going to get a back brace to wear under my shirt at work. I said that between the corn pad I was wearing on the corn of my right pinkie toe (it's the size of a football field...at least it feels that way)...the compression knee highs that I wear because of my varicose veins in my calf's...and the knee brace that I have to sometimes wear because of a skating injury that I incurred during a race for mothers at a skate night for the elementary school that my kids attended (I came in second)...I was feeling OK about myself.

His reply was "You have never looked more attractive to me.You just need to get a hair cut".

I informed him that I had gotten my hair cut just today...to which he replied "I was kidding about the haircut".

How can this good looking man stay with a woman that is falling apart in every limb of her body?

Of course comes the next question... Who in the heck would take care of everybody?

Granted, I will be limping and crawling before you know it...but limp and crawl I will, until someone has me put away.

I am 48...I have been on my feet as a server for thirty years, and it is beginning to show...in every joint, bone and muscle.

Luckily, I am going to the beach for a week with my brother and sister in four days... all the kids, and hopefully a lot of bloody marys.

Gotta remember to pack my back brace, heating pad, corn pads, knee brace and compression hose...Vodka can only do "SO" much!

Yet, my husband for some unknown reason loves this broken down, worn down body that I wear...and I remain in his heart...remain in his life (who else is going to SHOVE" him down the path of life?) and he remains in my heart and soul as well.

Maybe I will get another haircut in Florida, maybe my joints and limbs will begin to mend. Maybe I will come back rejuvenated ...but at least I know I have my husband to come back to...and for some reason he seems to want me back. Beside the fact that the grass will be overgrown and the laundry will be piled up.

If he can take me with all my flaws...I feel lucky to have him.

Till next time...COTTON

No comments: