Sunday, October 1, 2017

Random Thoughts



"Life's tough...wear a helmet."

It was the greatest piece of advice our oldest son ever gave me about seven years ago, when we were at our lowest point, felt like I couldn't go on and wondered if we'd make it at all.

I put my helmet on, we all survived...and have gone on to bigger and greater things.

Each and every day I feel more grateful for my life, when a few short years ago all I felt like was a pity case.

Maybe I was a pity case, but not anymore.

While I am grateful for all the support and help when I was in a pitiful position; it has also made me realize how important it is to be a good and decent person. No one wants to help someone who doesn't want or have the desire to help their self.



Yes, it's been a journey. Not necessarily one I want to make again anytime soon but at least now know I could if I had to... and would.


It took me about six months of living in Orlando to uncurl from a mental fetal position and face life head on again.

I guess my helmet got lost in the move.



I don't have as many friends as I had back in Georgia but have made enough, to have my back here in Orlando.

My closest friends from home have kept in constant contact, mostly via social networking, calls or text and feel grateful for them reaching out...or maybe they just got tired of my barrage of letters and notes I tend to write and send.

Which ever it is doesn't matter, it's been a win/win for me.

It was my Jump Start to happiness again.






I've met some really great people here. Not a lot but enough. I have reached out and helped a few of them and a few of them have reached out and helped me.

Isn't that what life is all about?

Reaching out.

Touching someone else and making a difference.

We reached out yesterday to Puerto Rico. I don't have any spare money to send but Massey loaded up the six or seven cases of water and several gallon jugs we had in our garage and took them to a center right up the street which is accepting and shipping items to the devastated island of over 3 million American citizens, crippled by the one two blow of Irma and Maria.

I will not bash our President , although it gets harder each and every day.





Instead I will support and help in any way I can. Here or abroad.

This isn't the time to point fingers or place blame...or Twitter, for Pete's sake.

It is the time to help, any way you can.

It's the time to step up to the plate and help, not gripe. People are dying. People want to get here because we are the greatest nation on earth. Are we going to turn them away for wanting to come here or make it easier for them to stay here...legally.

What part of that do you not get?

Merica!





Let's help keep it great, we should all want to.

Till next time...COTTON















No comments: