Friday, October 6, 2017

Crazy Fits Me Like A Glove



My sister and brother often tell people they have a crazy sister, and can say with complete conviction that I truly resemble the remark.



I like being crazy...  actually I think it's my best quality.





I've never had a bad time when hanging out with my brother and sister. Sometimes it wasn't under the best of circumstances, like when our Diddy died from West Nile Virus, but always managed to find and allow humor to help us get through.

I can honestly say the only time it wasn't fun, was when our Mama died suddenly on that fateful Friday afternoon in 1977 on August 19th. We were all shocked and reeled from it for more than a few years. It is the only time I ever saw our Diddy cry.



It still hurts.



After Diddy died in 2002, all that was left of our formerly perfect family was three siblings.



I thank God for them both every day of my life. Without them, I probably wouldn't even be here.

True fact.



Somehow we've all made it this far, with both of them sometimes dragging, always helping and often having to push me along the road of life.



I'm the luckiest sibling in the world.








Trust me, I know they laugh about me...heck, I laugh about me; but laughter beats crying any day of the week and doesn't give you puffy eyes or a full snot locker.


I'm not real savvy with technology.  It took me almost a year to learn how to text when I got my first cell phone.That's what my twenty two year old daughter is for. She tried to teach me how to Snapchat and Instagram, but I was like:




Instead I stick to my Blogging and Facebooking. It's two places where I feel comfortable.

My brother likes to make fun of all my postings, which is a back handed compliment to begin with. 

#Youreadingem


So anyhoo...





I made this post on FB while sitting out back for a minute with the pups before getting ready for work.



I got to work and found out why I was smart to have rested all day. It was busier than busy and got my skinny butt handed to me on a platter. I always keep my cell in my back pocket on vibrate, covered by my apron in case one of the kids or Tim needs me. It was buzzing like crazy so glanced at it on my way out of the dish room while dropping off dishes. I saw it was a group text which includes my brother, sister, Massey and me. Didn't look important so I kept on slinging plates.

After it finally slowed down I checked the text message.



 Currently my NOTHING post has sixteen "Likes" and continues to grow.

Sometimes people like to hear about nothing and often beats what's really going on in this crazy ass world.

Case in point. 

My blog has had over 200,590 views from people in ten different countries. I only promote it on a Facebook page.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but that seems like a lot of  free exposure to me.






Somtimes you get by with a litle help from your friends, whether you know them or not.






Till next time...Crazy COTTON

No comments: