Thursday, May 14, 2009

And Now a Short Commercial Message

I do my grocery shopping day by day...sometimes twice a day.

My favorite store by FAR is Publix. I LOVE ME SOME PUBLIX!!

I don't care if their prices aren't as low as others, they make up for it with their spotless store and wonderful customer service.

Every time I walk in the door it's "Hey Ms. Cotton". I bet three or four employees call me by name before I ever make it to the check out.

They always ask me how work is going...and on Mondays will say "Today is your day off, isn't it"? They know my kids and most even know my husband.

One time I left my checkbook in my grocery cart when I left. Before I had time to get home they had called my house to say they had it at the customer service desk.

I buy mostly Publix brand items...and have always been pleased. My favorite is the Monday "Mystery Item" for a penny!! Publix is a debt free company and there sure aren't many of THEM around anymore.

I think they like me not only because I am there every day, but always bag my own groceries and take them to the car myself. It drives me crazy to see a woman stand there talking on her cell or worse than that just stand there looking while the cashier rings up AND bags the groceries while the woman just waits seemingly impatient for this lowly cashier to finish "her" job.

Like the people that get in the "ten items or less" line with 30 items, and send their kids to get ONE more thing while we all wait patiently behind them and their 20 extra purchases.

My hat is off to the Publix food chain... my neighbor across the street is a general manager with Publix and when I worked for the school system we had a family in the after school program that had next to nothing and disabled children as well. I called my neighbor and he had Publix fix their entire Thanksgiving meal and I went and picked it up and delivered it to their house. He has always helped me out when I ask for help with a family that needed supplies or support.

In return I shop at their store...every day!

They treat me like family and give me the utmost in service ...and you know how I am about "customer service"!!

Just a little shout out to my friends at Publix...Good job folks!

My oldest son worked there during high school and I began shopping there as an effort to support his paycheck. They quickly won me over with smiles, great service and a pleasant environment. These are the things that make a business thrive and grow... being in customer service for over thirty years I think I can be a pretty good judge. They truly do make
"Shopping a Pleasure".

1 comment:

Joannah said...

I miss Publix followed closely by Chic Fil A sandwiches, as far as places to shop in Ga that I do not have here in NY.
When I was pregnant with Jackson, I would go there everyday after work for some fresh pineapple. After a few weeks, they started cutting a little tub just for me without strawberries, just pineapple and blueberries! And...the lovely woman in the Pharmacy kept on ordering the first type of Prenatal vitamins the Dr prescribed after the ins co changed them, because they were the only ones I could keep down, and she asked everytime I came in how my sister was doing today!

( Who was home dealing with the side effects of chemo) It IS the Publix People that make them so AWESOME and so missed by me! AND I miss old Suntrust bank...in Fayetteville Publix, that was open until 6 or 7 if my memory serves every night, and I do believe they were open on weekends. Unheard of around here! Boy, I sure do miss Publix...and Wegmans is pretty good too!