Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lovin' Me Some Face Book!!

Since my fall from grace with my Classmates site...I have returned with a vengeance.

My sister first suggested facebook...and once I got my teenage son to sign me up (I didn't have clue how to do it)...I am off and rolling!

Not only have I acquired 37 friends in the first few days (I only had 20 friends on myspace after two years) I found a group from my high school that has a site that was NEEDIN my help!

I have been a typing fool (no pun intended).

Just to be able to write my memories of my high school without a scathing and bitter reply is an absolute joy.

Granted some of the icons are silly...ie throwing beads, chocolates etc.

But it is a really great site, one that you have to be INVITED to (good on my part) and a great place to re connect.

I also posted the website for my blog on my profile and it is amazing that my former class mates are ACTUALLY reading this site....and seeming to like it.

I just got home from working a ten hour shift...WHEW, I am too old to do this anymore.

I do have a funny story to share though.

One of the servers met her mom for lunch today in the restaurant...it was her mom's birthday and there were several of her mom's friends there as well (all women around my age).

YOU KNOW ME... I went up to the table and said to her mother..."So I hear it is your birthday...we have a male stripper named Vince that will be out here as soon as you get through with lunch".

All the women clapped their hands in mock glee and laughed.

Only the server , who's mom was celebrating her birthday, knew... that in fact OUR MANAGER was Vince.

Not two minutes after I left their table...my manager (Vince) came cruising through the dining room and stopped at their table to introduce himself.

The look on not only the server's face but the entire group was enough to get me through the whole shift.

I don't know if they were thinking..."Keep your pants on son" or "Will we be charged extra for the show"?

All I know is that it made me chuckle...made my fellow server know that I AM officially insane... and made a bright spot in a long and tedious day.

Everyone at work knows what an idiot I can be...HEY! It breaks up the monotony and I believe I am the favorite 'House' comic.

How great is it to have a job that you not only love, but a free platform to perform your routine ... whenever you can squeeze it into your shift?!

HEY...I Haven't gotten fired...YET!!

I cannot think of a better profession for me than the one I have....sales and marketing with a sideline comedy routine as a bonus.

No comments: