Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Surrealistic Heard!


Once you meet me (especially the adult version) I'm kinda hard to forget.
Sometimes it's a good thing, and some of the time it isn't.
It's like batting .500 in the game of Life if you ask me.

I'm over halfway to that perfect season ... not even sixty  yet, and still in pretty good shape if pics a lot of people my age post on social media are any indication.

Number one, a man doesn't need to leave the house in a wife beater unless he is Sylvester Stallone and the year is 1976.


And women, bedazzling denim and shirts went south before the wife beater did.
Who ever looked good in a bedazzled jacket?




As I've grown older (which now means late fifties) I have  also grown increasingly aware that I am the one in control of my limited, albeit sometimes spotty humanity cell service in  life  and will  more often than not... have absolutely no guarantee on the longevity of my current performance here on planet Earth.


Make Life Count.








It took me well over half a century but now I get it.
I realize and totally own this.



I was born and  raised by a true southern, Christian couple...with open minds and deeper  hearts.



Unfortunately for me, they are both long gone... and currently at the party Upstairs.









World events going on right now are simply hard to comprehend.
How did we get to the point of this new normal?
Better yet...
will we ever return to the old normal?
If only I had a nickel.
But I don't.

I've been out of work since March 16. Realistically, I don't see the restaurant reopening any time in the near future.
My best guess would be mid summer.


Lucky for us, my husband has a great job.
Lucky for him, they kept him working.
He had to take a ten percent pay cut, but we'll be just fine.
He and I have spoken with each other (more than once) about how if this had happened ten years ago;
If it had, we'd be homeless right now.




What boggles me, is how divided this country continues to be...even (especially)now.
Mostly in the news and even more so on social media, they fuss and fight...constantly.
Do they really think they are going to change another person's mind with their rapid fire postings of links to a story which totally (doesn't) validate anything, and is more often than not outdated or a post from twenty years ago.

Is this really the time to debate whether democrats or republicans are the only  "Be all" party of choice and only smart option to make and/or take?

I've voted across the red and blue aisles  since 1978.
Do I tend to lean more one way than the other?
Of course, but that's just me...and my opinion.




Did I vote for Trump? Certainly not, and I will not. I wasn't a fan of his when he was on The Apprentice and I certainly wasn't a fan of his as a candidate, but it is what it is.
For now.
So as an American of course I don't want him to fail...as our president, but I sure wish he didn't make me cringe so much and so often.
#Literally

Currently I'm hoping those four people behind him on the podium, at any given point in time, (during this global pandemic) while he makes an address, are as smart as they sound when they get their chance to speak.


Everything else will come out with the wash, in its own good time. It always does.

Look, I could post all day long about Trump and how much he disgusts me, but what good's that going to do at the end of a day, several months from an election?
Several months from now, that's when it truly (and only) counts.
The rest is just white noise, small pun intended.


Till next time. COTTON from six feet away





No comments: