Saturday, November 10, 2018

Yikes


It appears we'll be moving into our forever home around Thanksgiving, if not sooner. We are hoping to close on the nineteenth.

Yikes!




I've really missed having a home and yards like we had in Georgia.





We've been stuck in a rental can for two years now and it seems to get smaller every day. Believe it or not, the tiny front yard is even bigger than the back yard.




It's been a decent, clean place to eat and sleep, but certainly never felt like home.


On the other hand...










This does!


We've kept our eye on it for almost an entire year. The seller moved out during  early summer and the priced slowly began to drop. When it finally dropped into our price range, we put an offer on it.

My biggest gripe about every single house we had looked at, was no yard, whatsoever.

 Real estate ain't cheap in Orlando, and my problem was...



 I want a Florida home with Georgia yards for me, and my dogs.

BINGO!!



It's older but solidly built, with recent upgrades.


 The house itself, is close to my own age, and think it kinda feels (to me) like I do about my own self...

 "Basically pretty hip for something technically considered to be an antique."





The house has eclectic and spacious living spaces. Inside and out.

 The kitchen is large with a breakfast nook boasting a bricked fireplace. The large den is right off the the kitchen as well with two walls of nothing but windows and french doors, leading  out onto a screened in porch (equally big) overlooking the back yard with two ceiling fans and a built in Tiki bar.









It's not fancy...but feels fantastic.






Ten years ago we were finally on top of our game of life together... then suddenly, we were on the bottom of the heap.

It was a battle destined for us to fight...together, after a good (first)twenty year run.



So we did.


It has been more than a scramble.
 It has actually even sometimes taken more than a village.
 But here we are.

 Still standing.

Together.


This is us, and this is why.



In nine days, we'll have a home again.

The bedrooms aren't grand or large, but each unique in their own way.




Coolest bedroom nook ever. Built into the window with shelving and  a double trundle bed underneath.

#Zach's room







Massey has her own private screened in porch, right off her room, and a walk in closet.





It's no mansion, but sure feels like one.


I've never had a mud room...sounds crazy but always wanted one, with all my yard work, mud and pups.


Now I have one.

Bonus points I'll have a laundry room as well, right next door!






The mosaic tile thresholds from room to room simply delight me.



Wood ceilings, in the den and porch?
Shut The Front Door.





I feel a house warming party a pokin' in our near future!









Sometimes you have to take a chance to make a change.



Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise...we got this.





We owe way more than a few peeps...from our journey down, and more importantly, on our way back up.






Come set a spell with us.

We'd love to have ya.


Till next time, COTTON










No comments: