Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Lots of Thanking To Do


My brother picked me up around three on Wednesday afternoon at my house here in Orlando and we headed up to our sister’s house in Senoia, about forty five minutes south of downtown Atlanta.
...JawJa, that is.

My brother drives like someone in panic mode on their way to the emergency room.


At least he always uses blinkers, seldom uses the horn (or finger) and gets us there in record time, beating it each and every time.



Round trip, we were gone from Orlando for about forty two hours.


Twenty four hours after leaving Orlando, we sat at the dinner table together, all three of us Sibs, the rest of our Georgia fam (sans a few) and
celebrated Thanksgiving.







A few hours later, we climbed back into my brother's rocket (truck) and were back in Orlando by nine AM Friday morning with all my furniture left from our house in Newnan strapped into the bed of his giant Ford.




The purchase of our new home went pretty smoothly (for a Clampett) but those last two days were a nightmare once it went to underwriting for approval to close.

ie:
"You must provide this or that (once again) and resend the requested PDF (for the third time) and have such and such e-signed, filled out, printed off then scanned back, using the Lender's portal and must be received no later than midnight for the possibility of closing on Tuesday."





I  didn't relax until the wire transfer for downpayment was sent, received, papers signed



and saw this sign hanging out front, after driving to our new home.





I'm really going to enjoy this ride home.





I even brought Ziggy over late this afternoon to explore the place while I dropped off some cleaning supplies. We took a video of our walk through together (while my finger was over part of the lens).




Then I found this video posted on YouTube.



It's not a mansion, but it is eclectic, solidly built and screams "Home" to me.

The house is great, but the yards are absolutely amazing.



I'm so ready to play in the dirt again, and what a great place to play!















I can honestly say, for the first time in quite a while, I'm happier than a pig in slop.





When life gives you lemons make lemonade, even if you have to ask for help making it.

Be a decent person... and people will treat you decently.

#FrankLeach



My Diddy (above) was right, and am thankful I was lucky enough to be his kid, walk hand in hand with him,  and learn life lessons from him. (and who tied my my top way to the left?)




Bonus points I had a Momma (also above) who taught me the same.

#AnnLeach








In my life?


I'm one of the luckiest, hands down.

If you have to wait for the right thing, it will be well worth it.



Till next time...COTTON



No comments: