Thursday, May 31, 2018

Helping A Little Helps A Lot


When we first moved to Orlando I introduced Massey to a girl I worked with, around her age. She is the sweetest kid ever. She is always positive and upbeat...and for the life of me (after learning her story) wonder how she manages it. Her mother suffers from debilitating MS and is totally wheelchair bound. When I first met this young girl, her Dad had just been diagnosed with cancer and was scheduling chemotherapy. That's the way Massey came to know her, going with me to drop dinner off for my coworkers' family every week or so, just to help out a little bit.

All said and done, he finally recovered and was in total remission. I'm sure it was a huge relief for them all.


A few short weeks ago, Cancer reared its ugly head again in the form of tumors found during a  routine check up. His insurance company denied to pay for chemotherapy this time.

Nice. (not!)

Luckily they found a drug company who would pay for the chemo.

 My daughter and her friend started a go-fund me to help with the bills while he was going through treatment.

https://www.gofundme.com/CuljatTeam


We're off to a good start and hoping to be able and help quite a bit, considering gofund me keeps a percentage.

I'm going to go pitch it to the head of our Human Resources and see if maybe the company could help out this team member.

Wish us luck and will keep you posted. Feel free to click the above link and read their story and throw a little Love their way if you can. You get by with a little help from your friends.



Be a friend.



Til next time...COTTON




No comments: