Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Stupid Obviously Can't Be Fixed


I left work tonight around ten. I had to stop for a couple of things at the store so decided to go by the Neighborhood Market which didn't close until eleven. It's a smaller WalMart, selling only things you'd find in any other grocery store. When I went in the front door, the manager was standing behind the only open checkout, usually go down to one the last hour. There was a more than biggish woman,  standing at the front of the line, with her (I guess) daughter who appeared to be about eight or nine. She had about fifty coupons spread out over the counter and was complaing o the manager. As I passed the produce section directly behind them, heard the manager saying "This one and this one are duplicated and can't be used. Any others that are duplicated or fraudulent can't be used either"

I picked up my four items and returned to the checkout. The line was ten people deep by then. One couple had a buggy so full it looked like one of those plates people heap food on at the Golden Corral when they seem to think it's gonna run out of food before they get to go back through the all you can eat buffet.

The woman was still arguing and showed the manager some app on her cell phone. The manager explained that one had expired....and that one, and that one too. The line now wrapped around the corner and back into one of the aisles.

They opened up two other lanes and we all split like the Red Sea.




Bitch please...who do you think you're fooling? Certainly not this manager. She is a small Asian woman who I really like a lot. She lines her eyes like a Geisha and I think it is so cool looking, mainly because it is. She is always helpful and always speaks to me and the other customers and seems to treat her employees with respect. Once two other lanes opened up, things started rolling.

The scamstress was still protesting but by this time, every other person was rolling their eyes at her as well.

By the time I got to my cashier, the manager was taking away four bags of food to return from the woman. As she walked away from the woman, carrying the bags, I could see a smirk of well deserved satisfaction on her face.

Well done, Geisha Girl!



On top of trying to basically steal items, this woman had brought her own daughter in with her to witness the fact. What is wrong with people?

By the time I finally made it out of the store with my four items, the crook was depositing her one bag and daughter into a Lexus which sat running with a male waiting behind the wheel. She handed him the receipt and he was scrutinizing it as I put my paid for items into my own car.

You know, I don't know their story but I know right from wrong...and so do they.


This is the problem we have in this wonderful country where I live. You have one bad apple who wants to spoil the whole bunch.

Well, us good apples need (and must) stand up and say to that one bad apple:





There are a lot more good people in this world than bad people. Sometimes you have to stand up and say "I'm simply not going to take this anymore."




Then we also have Americans in Puerto Rico living like this...for probably months and months and months.




I didn't vote for Trump, but he is my President now. Not happy about it but is what it is.

What bothers me most (lately) is that after Maria, he Tweeted once about Puerto Rico four days after the storm. He Tweeted seventeen times a few days later in one day about NFL players taking a knee.

And let me remind you, the 'taking a knee' has never been really about the flag or our military. It's been about police brutality...which is  unfortunately real. Another 'one bad apple' example.








Yes Puerto Ricans are on an island..."In the middle of an ocean". That's where most islands are.

We are a nation with warships, barges and aircraft carriers at our disposal. Load them up with utility trucks and supplies to help these people (our people) survive, and do it yesterday, for Pete's sake!

We can worry about the kneeling after we help the ones reeling; from a disastrous and catastrophic slam from Mother Nature.


Just saying...

COTTON

No comments: