Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life is a Comedy of Errors

This picture is SO my family...just add two more dogs and imagine Jed and Granny as husband and wife
After the events of last week we may even be riding in the same truck soon.

Granny is older than Jed...I am older than Tim.



Our daughter is beautiful and has a huge heart. Our younger son (nephew in the show) seems to know everything yet nothing. We'll call my oldest son "Jethrine" since he's the Pretty boy that doesn't live with us.



I have decided that this is my life. I am stuck with it and can make the best of it... or let it get the best of me.



I have had so much help from God, family and others that it rocks me to my core and makes me realize how blessed I am. Dang...we're not even back to living "pay check to pay check" status yet. Imagine where we would be without all the love and support?



I'm a person that has totally learned to work the system. You can learn to work it or you can let it beat you down.



"When life gives you lemons..." I can honestly say we have had enough lemonade to last us a life time, but it is certainly better than drinking nothing.



I have funded two new branches of the Bank of Coweta with overdraft fees. They should send me a Thank You note.



But you know what? It's ALL good.



We are healthy except for my seemingly continuously impending stroke or Tim's life sentence for finally killing me after twenty three years of torture.



We are a nutty bunch and I like it that way. I have a son that is driving me crazy (er) and is obviously a terrible driver. I have three mutts that I can't afford but love like they are AKC registered.



I think about people in Alabama that now have absolutely NOTHING. When and if they get a check from their insurance company there is no mail box to put it in. There is no identification for them to take with them to the bank...if the bank is still standing.



I think about my friend's son. A Marine who lost three limbs but appears to be the happiest kid on the planet.



I think about people sleeping on a card board box under a highway bridge.



I think about people starving from famine and spending their days batting flies out of their eyes.



I think of people in nursing homes with no one coming to visit them.



I think of how great my life really is. I have God, family, friends and neighbors looking out for me.



I have a job that I love and for some crazy reason they love me!




When you think your life is crap you need to take a step back and think about the millions that are much more desperate than you.




It reminds me of the old hymn "Count your blessings."




We'll make it. I will show the people that fired me from my old job for no reason other than my circumstances GAVE them a reason, that THEY were the losers.




I will provide for my family of misfits and hounds. I will stand by my husband who has withstood as many obstacles as well. If he can put up with me...I can put up with anything!



Life is truly a comedy of errors. If you can't laugh you'll cry. I would much rather LAUGH!




Til next time (oh, it's gonna be a good one) COTTON

No comments: