Tuesday, December 9, 2008

WHAT is wrong with This World??

The day is "NO gay for a day".

What are people thinking? Do you really think that people choose to be gay?

Do you really think that people would choose a lifestyle that would condemn them and leave them open for torment for the rest of their lives?


Do you really think that they chose this venue, this direction and this choice of life?

If you do, you are so misunderstood and so misdirected that it would take me a few million years to get my point across.

I have a cousin that is gay, my sister's college room mate is gay and I have several friends that are gay.

It is a genetic, born into thing that happens...just like being a red neck just like being a racist, just like being a right wing closed minded Christian.

So you think that you are a Christian...

I feel compelled to tell all of my readers and my friends that I have a gay cousin who has risen to considerable heights in the art world and he is a cousin that I am proud to not only claim, but take my hat off to for being the person that he was destined to be and the cousin that I will always admire.

It is not a life that you choose, but a destiny that you are headed for.

Who is above us to judge, except THE LORD himself? And you know what he would say?

He would say "I love you as yourself, and if you love me...welcome to my kingdom".

To my right wing friends, loosen up and look at the world in the society of today.

I have gay relatives and gay friends...it doesn't mean that I am going to hell nor are they.

We are a varied group, we are a melting pot of society... We are AMERICA...and we stand as one and will live as one...at least by MY standards.


Just a sore point with me that I had to get off my little chest.

God will bless every person...He doesn't pick or choose...WHY SHOULD YOU??

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I’m always mystified when people think that homosexuality is a choice people make. As the mother of a gay son, I can tell you that accepting the fact of his sexuality and having the courage to live openly with it was perhaps the hardest thing my son ever had to do. Who would choose a sexual identity that forces you to choose between living your entire life pretending to be something you are not or facing judgment, scorn and ridicule from people who don’t even know you?

But homophobia is not the only form of bigotry. People also suffer the effects of bigotry for such things as race, handicap, and religion, to name a few. We seem to lack empathy, the ability to put ourselves in the place of others.

A young friend was laughing with me the other day about the joys of growing older. She laughed at my excitement over nearing the age to qualify for Medicare. I told her that when you get to be my age, you take your thrills where you can get them. What has surprised me about growing older, and what applies to this discussion is that as you grow older, you often refine your priorities. You sharpen your values. One thing that I have learned along the way is that when you live in judgment, hatred and resentment of others, you create for your life a landscape of judgment, hatred and resentment. On the other hand, if you live from a point of love and understanding, or at least an attempt at love and understanding, you create a gentler, more loving environment for yourself and those who share your life.

In the end, I wish that we would develop more loving hearts and that we would move toward a world where we can live in peace and harmony, a better world for those who now feel the brunt of discrimination, but also a better world for those who discriminate.