Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stormy, Stormy Nights...

Boy, we had a NIGHT here in my hometown.

Storms blew in from the west...when I went into work at 4PM, the tornado siren was going off.

I called home because my two younger kids were at home and my husband was still at work.
No answer...they BOTH have cell phones (that WE pay for) and they were not answering the house phone either.

I finally got in touch with them..they were in the driveway shooting hoops.."It is SO warm outside".

I told them there was a tornado on the ground in our county, headed in the direction of our house.

My son (who is sixteen) just handed the phone to his sister (who is thirteen and went directly into panic mode) ...Thank the LORD for girls!

She asked to go to a neighbor's house and I replied that would be a good idea.

My sixteen year old was picked up by his 23 year old brother who drove through the warnings to take my youngest son back to his "crib" in downtown Atlanta.

As they would say "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do".

IDIOTS!!!

They DID beat the major storm, although the storms have lasted all night.

When I arrived home from work, my 13 year old daughter was sitting next to her daddy, watching the weather channel, clutching her bible, her pillow and a flashlight!

THAT'S MY GIRL!!

PREVENTION...PLANNING...THINKING... THAT'S a woman for ya!!

So far we have been lucky, although the neighboring county had windows broken out of their houses from the baseball size hail.

My daughter (obviously is sleeping with me tonight)... and we directed my husband to stay on the ground floor JUST IN CASE (not really, but it is nice to not hear his snoring).

I think most of the storms have passed...and even when they hit...what are the chances that your house will be hit by a tornado? If I am lucky...small..but at least I can relax in my king size bed with a girl that likes to watch the same shows I do...and daddy is downstairs with the dogs (they fart too much for me).

If I don't post again, I was wrong.

If I DO post again...I got a night off and my daughter and I had a wonderful, exclusive and quiet night just bonding...HEY! We need a LOT more of that!!

Living in a house full of men is like living in a frat house...unfortunately I am the only advisor and the only one that gives a "Crap".

I love them, but want them to know that THEY will be the one's to flip me over to prevent bedsores one day....and they had better not gripe! Can they not remember the stomach viruses and trips to football and basketball practice...not to mention the fact that they have given me more grief than the current economy? Thank the Lord I have ONE girl... of course she is only 13..I may have to get back to you on THAT one

No comments: