Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Married Single Life


In 1990 I bought my wedding dress for sixty bucks from the JC Penney Outlet. I think Tim paid more for his tux rental. I borrowed the hat, shoes, necklace and earrings. I still looked okay back then, but Tim was so handsome. I remember when he took a second job delivering pizza for the restaurant I worked for. The other delivery guy called him, Timberly...he was absolutely that pretty to look at.




Trust me, I had to hold his hand tightly on our honeymoon while we were in San Francisco, before traveling up the coast. He was greatly admired by many women and men.





Our past ten years have made me shrink in size but grow in wrinkles and lines on my face. They turned Tim totally gray and gave him ten extra pounds, but in hindsight seems a small price to pay. I took care of the gray in my own hair with a wonderful thing called highlights done from home with your daughters' assistance.









We're transplanted (formerly Georgian) Foridians now...and seems to suit us both. After an over five year job search he landed his greatest job ever and has knocked it put of the park.

Even better, he travels out of town for work every other week, from Tuesday morning until Friday evening.

When you have had ten years of financial and emotional stress on your thirty year relationship, nothing is better than absence making the heart grow fonder, every other week.

I have my bestie here with me.


She has been my rock and is on the doorstep of making her own mark in this world, graduating from college in early December.

Massey Cotton..."Make the world great again!"




There is nothing better than seeing your children succeed, and my three are doing just that.


They all fought like crazy for over a decade, then suddenly bonded again like they were Gorilla glued together.

When you truly love someone, love sticks.


The Way of Love
13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have aprophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, bso as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. cIf I give away all I have, and dif I deliver up my body to be burned,1 but have not love, I gain nothing.

eLove is patient and fkind; love gdoes not envy or boast; it his not arrogant or rude. It idoes not insist on its own way; it jis not irritable or resentful;2 it kdoes not rejoice at wrongdoing, but lrejoices with the truth. mLove bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, eendures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For nwe know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but owhen the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For pnow we see in a mirror dimly, but qthen face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as rI have been fully known.
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
















Our life has been the ride of a life time. We left this home in Georgia after over twenty years, I still miss it every day.

We've started to bloom again where we've now been planted. Who knows what the future holds? No one knows, but do know this...

We have survived, we have conquered and we are able... again!



If I die today, tomorrow or in the next ten seconds... I'll feel okay about it; not that I will have a choice, but feel like I'm a pretty good person and have done a pretty good job as of late.

I was a wreck in my twenties, leveled out in my thirties and plowed ahead in my forties. My fifties have been tough, not gonna lie but totally approaching sixty with a Pay It Forward mentality. (best movie ever)




The thing this world lacks more than anything is compassion.

How can you hate someone for simply being their own self? How can you hate a person for having a different view? How can you hate a person because of their sexuality, religion or color of their skin? How can you hate a person for wanting to come to America, illegally?

Trust me, If I was a Mexican, had kids in Mexico City and thought I could give my kids  a better life here, I'd dig the tunnel myself.

Are we so selfish that we don't want others to live free, have a better life like ours and at least give them the chance to succeed?

Check yourself.

Put yourself in other peoples' shoes.

If they don't fit, go buy a pair to donate.

Just saying...COTTON


















No comments: