Friday, September 15, 2017

We're Old School




We are night and day.



 He's tall and heavy, I'm short and skinny. I talk a mile a minute, he rarely talks at all. I want it done immediately, he tends to get around to it (after I hound him).



It's a seemingly match made in heaven which has been hell on earth for the past decade, but just as suddenly is back on track.

Glad we both stuck it out.

Tim's a private person.






Me, I'm a put it all out there kind of gal.






Lately, I've been asking (dragging) Tim to get involved in my blogging. He'll be on the bed behind me two feet away, doing work on his lap top. I'll finish a blog, tell him what it's about and ask him what song would tie the story together. He has been spot on...every time.

So today is our twenty seventh wedding anniversary.


He was once again working on his lap top this afternoon (after getting home from work) as I pecked away on the keys of my PC. I asked him to come up with a song for my (our) anniversary post.


He'd pick one song, then change his mind and pick another. He went through about eight or nine songs, then suddenly said to me "Pull up Peter Frampton."

This is the song and version he chose...Peter is now our age in this video as well but still has it going on, just like us.




Loved it!







Tim asked me to move in with him after about our third date.

I did, a couple of months later.

He asked me to marry him after three months of dating.


I did, two years later.






Then we popped out two kids to add to our mix.



For twenty years it was nothing but above, beyond...and on to infinity!



Then the bottom dropped of our life. We were both suddenly out of work but the bills kept coming.


People close to us and from far away and even people we didn't know came to our rescue.


At times I felt like running away and am sure he did too...but we didn't. We were in it to win it.





We've survived...and thrived.


I left Tim a letter last night on the kitchen counter for our anniversary before going to bed. Part of it read "I know the thrill is gone, but is still simmering and will boil again."






If you say "I do"  to a person, you better mean it.

I did and I do.


Happy Anniversary to my co pilot in this ride called life.




What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.




Our life together has been all over the charts. Life is a journey, and ours has taken many detours.


If you never have bad times, how do you know when times are good?




It took ten years but we've turned the corner...together.

That's what you do, when you say "I do."

Till next time...COTTON



No comments: