Friday, September 22, 2017

Flawda Peach

Pretty much.


Yesterday made it one year to the day since I left my job at the world's busiest airport.

It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. It was an exciting adventure and job which literally threw more money my way than I'd ever made before.

 Over one hundred million people travel through this airport in less than a years' time. I met people from all walks of life and from all over the globe.

I also made a lot of friends.


Not too many of them have kept in touch, which is kind of sad but all these guys have.




I've kept in close touch with my managers and pretty sure I always will. He's visited us here and we've visited him there, and talxt (text and talk) to each other about once a week. He's awesome.






So I've almost survived my first year here as a Flawda Peach. No easy feat and had lots of twists and turns before happiness finally set in, but it did. The beach being thirty minutes away has been the best therapy of all.



After a shaky start, landed in a pretty great restaurant here as well. Excellent management and have made some really close friends. I felt totally out of place for the first four or five months but have found my groove and think I am a pretty good asset to them as well.

Once a week we have live entertainment. Last night was my favorite so far. Just a guy and his guitar, singing all the songs I love. In other words, he was old school...like me. At the end of my shift I was going to clock out and was getting my lunch box from my locker in the kitchen. Two other servers were rolling silverware. We were all talking about how much we liked the musician. I commented that he sang one of my favorite songs, "Creep". The female server (one of my besties) said "Yeah, you are a weirdo" to which I replied,  "I'm so effin special!" The male server rolling silverware with her cracked up.



The dude definitely has a set of pipes! This version is from 1994. I'd say it's one of my top three songs.





I've done a lot of thinking about life since moving from my home state of fifty six years.

Guess I simply decided to follow the sun I love so much. Sounds crazy since hot flashes are my nemesis but spent every summer back in Georgia out in my yards for hours on end. I'll always miss you Georgia, but tomorrow may rain so, I followed the sun.

One day you'll look to see I've gone
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun
Some day you'll know I was the one
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun

And now the time has come
And so my love I must go
And though I lose a friend
In the end you will know, oooh

One day you'll find that I have gone
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun














I'm at peace for the first time in quite a while. The adjustment has been hard being away from my sister but think it will all be okay now. I love my job and my job seems to love me. Tim is knocking his job out of the park and doing incredibly well. Massey graduates from college in a few short weeks and has been my ride or die since moving here, and wouldn't have made it without her.



TJ is doing great with his new job in North Carolina after his recent promotion.My nephew and his wife are renting our home in Newnan and taking great care of it.






Zach calls me at least once a week and always ends every call with "I love you, Mom."



What more could a person hope for?


You can always hope for more, but always be grateful for what you have been given.


I do, and I am.

Till next time, COTTON

2 comments:

Underage Car Rental said...

car rental sites carngo screenshot Enterprise Car Rental Tampa Airport screenshot Enterprise Car Rental Tampa Airport

Loved Robinhood said...

To learn more about orlando airport enterprise web site: click for info click for info