Saturday, September 9, 2017

And Now The Waiting


It's coming...slowly but surely.

I think the retention pond behind our rental house must be a shelter for flamingos.


...and yes I know they aren't flamingos but sure as heck look like they are. I bet there are over a hundred of them wandering around in the water.


Massey and Tim (Ole Jed) stepped up to the plate today and cleared everything from the yards and porches. I did more important things like watching "The Three Faces of Eve" on TCM and watching Irma wander all over the place on The Weather Channel.

Excellent day! (for me)




I meandered out around four to pick up some cokes and trash bags. Tried at least ten different places to buy ice. I'm not too worried, we still have ice trays we take up twice a day and store in baggies. Heck, as long as we've been prepping will have (hopefully) more than enough.


We have enough food stockpiled to feed a small army and (once again hopefully) plenty of water. All the bed sheets have been washed, laundry done and are all bathed.

Obviously Irma is taking her own sweet time.

The coolest thing happened to me today when out looking for bags of ice. I was tooling down the street, and suddenly out of nowhere...an otter scrambled onto the road in front of my car. I came to a complete stop. He went this a way and that away then turned back and scooted his sleekly black self across the road and headed for the canal which runs beside the road. He (or she) was the most beautiful animal I've ever seen. I wanted to pull over and chase it down to bring home with me.

It's been a journey for me, moving from Georgia to Florida. Some things have been great, others not so much...but when I actually saw an otter scramble across the road in front of me, it melted my heart.

I've seen bald eagles soar in the sky above me, cranes and pseudo flamingos live behind me and just today saw an otter for the first time, less than ten feet away from me.





It's been surreal moving away from Georgia but also enlightening to see what else this world has to offer.

Life is a journey.





I'm just gonna follow my soul.

Till next time, COTTON

No comments: