Friday, June 2, 2017

Changes


Webster defines change as "a transformation or transition from one state, condition, or phase to another."

It also has about ten other definitions and feel like each and every one of them applies to my own life for the past decade.

I've gone and been through a lot of changes.


Some good and some bad.

Some happened because they were meant to happen and some happened for no apparent reason, seemingly out of the blue... totally blindsiding me.

But we're still here. (a good thing)

Tim lost his job, then I lost mine.

We almost lost everything, including our house and almost our marriage.

We kept both and thanks to hard work, determination, prayers and help from many are a few weeks away from having our house in Georgia paid off.


Seems things are changing yet again.




"A transformation or transition  from one state, condition, or phase to another."



Our oldest son, TJ ...who also lived here in Orlando with his fiancee, their two young girls and works for a Toyota dealership has accepted another position in Charlotte. They loaded up and moved yesterday.








The above photo includes lots of recent changes as well. On the right are my nephew and his wife, who are currently renting our house back in Georgia. And there's my Lost Boy (in the red shirt) standing next to TJ and Chels.

When my Lost Boy packed up and moved back to Georgia after only three days here in Orlando, was a pretty big blow for me.  No, it was crushing.

But I'll always go back and visit Zach...trust me I'd die of old age waiting for him to come visit me.


But that's okay too.




My sister still lives there with her husband and two of my nephews with their wives, along with about
a hundred of my closest friends from my twenty year run in Newnan. Not to mention we still own a house there.




I'm just more worried about getting up to Charlotte for a visit. Heck, they only lived thirty minutes away from me here in Orlando and only made the journey to their apartment a handful of times.

My only defense (and weak one at best) was that it's taken me well over six months to not feel like following Zach back home even if I had to hitch hike. I struggled to just maintain a job and our cracker box rental house.



So now once again, things have changed. TJ and Chels, along with our grand kids are in North Carolina while Tim and I remain in the state where all old people go to die.





I wish TJ nothing but success. Just like us he's having to change and adapt, but sometimes change is a good thing.

Change:  "To go from one phase to another, as the moon."




If I know TJ (and have since right after he turned two) he will go to the moon and beyond. The sky's not the limit but simply his launching pad.







Change is a good thing, whether you want it or not. It means you're at least moving and not stuck. May sometimes be two steps back before taking one step forward but at least your life is in motion.

Motion:

"The ability or power to move."






















Totally cheesy and stolen when late night binge watching "Jane the Virgin" (btw a fantastic show) after work but says it all ...from a mother's perspective.














"My precious child...these are the things I hope for you and your life. May you be bold...may you be brave. May you be loving and joyful and kind. May you carry with you the vitality and spirit of the generations before you. Whatever you dream for your life, may you summon the strength to follow that dream. May you always let your faith be greater than your fear. May you never forget, through all of life's adventures, through every moment of every day...that I walk beside you, cheering you on. Hoping for you, praying for you, loving you. And may you one day love your own child as deeply as I love you, today and always."




As I finish this blog post, realize something really important.


Til next time, COTTON




No comments: