Saturday, March 11, 2017

Really??


I went into work today tired.

That's not a good sign.




Tim got home from Miami around ten this morning. I had to be at work by two this afternoon to open the restaurant so at least got to stay in bed until noon, after staying up until three blogging and writing cards to mail out.

Number one: I like writing, especially in longhand.

Number two: think peeps really appreciate finding an envelope in their mailbox that isn't junk mail or a bill.

Noon came and went.

My uniform was clean and ready to go so decided to remain horizontal until twelve thirty.

Twelve thirty came and went.

I decided I'd have plenty of time if I got up at twelve forty five.

At twelve forty nine decided...it's now or never.

My sweet girl, who am sure rolls her eyes every time I call her name (and call it a lot) made me a pot of coffee. She had already brought me a bowl of oatmeal around ten thirty but just didn't fuel my fire.

Ole Jed was doing work on his lap top in the living room (less than ten feet away from me in our tiny temp rental cracker box) and had already come into the bedroom twice to rub my aching back and shoulder.


I'm gonna go out on a limb and venture to say (guarantee) Massey and Tim high five each other every time I finally walk out the door for work and they hear that garage door close.



I'll never forget when we were still living in Georgia, years ago before this (latest) crazy chapter of our lives ever started.

I was running late for work one day, barking orders to Tim like a drill sergeant as he read the sports page.

In my defense, if I didn't bark...Tim never paid attention.

I tend to do a lot of talking, and after decades of being together...his ears probably hurt.

So I opened the kitchen door leading to the garage and spewed out a couple more chores which needed to be done, while he continued to read the paper at the kitchen table. Our pup, Ham was curled up on the kitchen floor beside Tim.

Tim shut the kitchen door behind me and I heard him immediately say to Ham...

"That's the way you do it, Ham. Just shut the door and wait for her to finally walk away."

I immediately screeched, from the other side of the  door..."I heard that !!"





Yeah, I know I'm crazy...but Tim knew it too, long before asking me to the dance.


We're the oxymoron couple of a lifetime.


Not gonna lie, was worried about our marriage for a while and pretty sure he was too.

When you sign up for the dance of life, know what you're signing up for and be sure it is the ticket for you.

Life is a journey with no "do-overs". Choose your partner wisely and be sure they are the one you want to dance with.


Then storm through life, taking the good along with the bad and always, always give life your best.

If you try your best... you will get the best your life has to offer, and then some.

True fact.



The clock is running.

Til next time...COTTON




No comments: