Sunday, March 5, 2017

Making Kelly Great Again!

Being a professional gambler for a living is a tough road to hoe. I should have seen it coming, banked like Milburn Drysdale last week so should have expected the sinking of the Titanic this past weekend.

The cards and stars simply didn't align in my favor... what a bummer. I struck out two days in a row.

At least left both nights with more money than I'd walked in with and got off earlier than usual but still kinda bummed me out.

I got off way early last night with way too little cash but at least got to blog, watch Netflix and stay up way too late.

I woke up on the couch this morning around eight, surrounded by dogs as my blanket.

My body suffers from Waiter's Syndrome.

After almost forty years of toting and slinging plates from the same hand, arm and side of my tiny body am all jacked up like I've been watching the shower scene in  Pyscho for the first time, over and over again.



The left side of me is great...the right side sucks like an F4 tornado on the ground in Kansas. Sometimes (most always) feel wound up tighter than a Top.



Dang...do they even make Tops anymore...and how old am  I?

Tim was pleasantly pleased I'd crashed on the couch and let him sleep through the night without being on the computer all night in our bedroom.

He got up and cooked breakfast for Massey and me.

I got breakfast served to me in bed, after moving there around nine AM and bonus points, complained so much about how my right shoulder and back hurt that Tim rubbed my back, shoulder and forearm.

(waitresses, never forget that forearm. (Tim taught me that)

It's all connected.

Perfect Spot No. 5 — Massage Therapy for Tennis Elbow and Wrist Pain

Just beyond your elbow, all the muscles on the back of your forearm converge into a single thick tendon, the common extensor tendon. At the point where the muscles converge, in the muscles that extend the wrist and fingers, lies one of the most inevitable myofascial TrPs in modern civilization: Perfect Spot No. 5. It is constantly and greatly aggravated both by computer usage today and by the use of a pen in simpler times — and by the occasional tennis match, then and now. (Click/tap heading to read more.)
for pain: in the elbow, arm, wrist, and hand   related to: carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis), thoracic outlet syndrome, and several more   muscle(s): extensor muscles of the forearm, mobile wad (brachioradialis, extensor carpi radialis longus and brevis), extensor digitorum, extensor carpi ulnaris  

I'll have to give it to Ole Jed... the man knows how to make a stove up ole waitress happy.

Yep, he tried to rub so hard  I'd say "Stop, that hurts!"

Didn't happen.

It was almost better than sex. (not kidding...way  better than sex)

I endured the pain and the results were phenomenal.

My sinuses drained, my right side went numb for a bit but went into work feeling better than I have in literally months.





My next guilty pleasure will be a professional massage.

Every (lifer) server needs one.

Til next time...a very contented Cotton (for now)






No comments: