Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Blink Of An Eye... The Wrinkle Of My Skin


It's hard to believe it's been almost fifty seven years since the above photo was taken of me.





Time passes all too quickly, like the blink of an eye. The baby fat and curly hair has been replaced with gray hair and wrinkles. Doesn't really bother me, I've earned each and every one of them both.


What floors me even more is how quickly my youngest went from this


to this.


Massey is well into her senior year of college and before you know it will be a college graduate.

Our first.

She's smart, headstrong, generous, loving and almost as loud as her momma. All excellent qualities to have except maybe that last one, but at least my girl will always be heard loud and clear.

I got to practice first at being a momma after meeting my husband when TJ was just two.



 He was four when we got married.



And now he's thirty with a family of his own.



Not to mention how in the world has my middle one, my Lost Boy gone from this


to this?

 And then just as suddenly to this?



Here's the thing about having kids.







Almost thirty one years will go by before you look up, and suddenly notice they are all adults now.

I'm an excellent server, a pretty good wife and a so so momma but everyone made it this far so must be doing okay as a person.





They have all seen me at my best and put up with me at my worst. A woman couldn't ask for a better life.

Being a mother consists of countless good times, a few bad times, scared and worried times but is ultimately the best of times.

All three are uniquely different which has made it an even more fascinating experience for me. I have so many memories which make me laugh and a few which make me cry but cherish each and every one of them.

At the same time, they've have two parents who are polar opposites in pretty much every way as well.


Oh to be a Clampett!







My life has been an echo in every sense of the word. I raised three kids and sent them off to adulthood.

They have all three turned out to be wonderful human beings, my proudest accomplishments and delightful to be around as adults. I want them all just the way they are.






I'm not sure how I suddenly became an almost fifty seven year old woman closer to a walker (with tennis balls on the front legs) than away from... with kids now aging from thirty to twenty one; yet somehow stumbled and bumbled my way to this point with them all still alive and flourishing.

But I did it.

Kudos to me and even more Kudos to my kids who survived being raised by a crazy lady.

At least life was never dull.




Til next time...COTTON

No comments: