Saturday, January 28, 2017

Moving Ahead...Finally

I've been so back and forth, up and down and every which a way since moving here this past Fall. Everything is so different to me. The weather, the highways, the toll roads, the water, the rental house, the huge birds (I keep calling flamingos, storks and pelicans but apparently aren't) who freak my three dogs out on a daily basis in our back yard, the new job and most sadly the lack of close friends.



So I cooked us up a mess of vittles and invited over a new friend from work, along with her boyfriend who I only knew from creeping on via social networking. At least I immediately admitted it to him as soon as we shook hands after they both arrived.

So once again I have a work bestie who (bonus points) is the total package, having a terrific boyfriend who my husband really likes as well.

Problem solved.




God knows, it took me six months to even  fake it at my last job until I felt comfortable enough to make it.

Now here I am almost four years older and having to start over again!

I was a nervous wreck for about two months before finally deciding (realizing) I may be nervous but am certainly not (that big of) an idiot when it comes down to just being a good server. For God's sake just sling the plates and quit overthinking it.


As my husband has told me more than once, I have my PhD in BS. So I re evaluated my life, with all my Thinkyness.

New friends?
Check!

New job going pretty well?
Check!

You know, when moving to Orlando after living in Atlanta for over fifty six years fell into a depression which was extremely hard to kick.

But kick it I did...and Kudos to my old ass self.

My latest worry?



We all live together in this house called The United States of America. Yes, there will always be the crazy relatives. There will always be the Blow Hards who we all roll our eyes at and always be the ones who think they have all the answers.

One of the things great(est) about this country, our country is the freedom of speech. Having said that, try and remember it.

Hate filled rants do nothing more than make you seem and look hateful.

It's a democracy we are all lucky enough to live in.

Time will tell.

Hate never helps.

Love always does.

This "I hated him, I hated her, I hate this one even more" is as bad as "He's the greatest, so much better and will do so much more than that one I hated."

How do you know?

You don't.

Reign those feelings in, keep them to yourself or at your own dinner table instead of flat out inciting hate towards another via social networking.

Your opinion is one thing.

Hate is another.



Definition of hate

  1. 1a :  intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury

Hostility? Aversion?

Come on Americans, we're better than this...or should be.

Did I vote for Obama?

Twice.

Did I see and hear this (my) country berate him and his family for eight years from the get go and flat out sometimes call him a nigger, Muslim and not a U.S born citizen?

Yes.

Did I vote for Trump?

No.

Will I call out Trump for the things (I) think he is wrong about on social media?

Maybe.

I may point them out or click on Like to something but will never bash him, his wife or his children like so many Americans did Obama and his.

My theory is "time will tell."

Trump is the newly elected president of my United States of America. I respect the results of the election and hope he does well for this nation...MY nation. Our nation. Not  to is basically wanting our nation to fail.

If I'm right about my feelings, only time will tell...not some timeline feed, social networking or even a Tweet. It's time to grow up, grow a pair and let the dice tumble.

I'm just hoping we don't Crap out...


Women think I'm tasty, but they're always tryin' to waste me
And make me burn the candle right down,
But baby, baby, I don't need no jewels in my crown.
Cause all you women is low down gamblers,
Cheatin' like I don't know how,
But baby, baby, there's fever in the funk house now.
This low down bitchin' got my poor feet a itchin',
Don't you know you know the duece is still wild.
Baby, I can't stay, you got to roll me
And call me the tumblin' dice.
Always in a hurry, I never stop to worry,
Don't you see the time flashin' by.

(Crazy ass Rolling Stones)




Here is an even better idea.





Our future is somewhere over the rainbow, not under a sludge pit of mud slinging.

Til next time...COTTON




No comments: