Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Almost A Done Deal


Oh, I'll remember this night!

It started on a bitter sweet note.

At least Massey pulled my hair through that excruciating highlight cap and blonded me up before jumping in the car with her dad to go back to Georgia for a three day visit, sans me.

It didn't help when I learned sleet and snow was in the forecast for Atlanta tonight and tomorrow.

I was scheduled for work at four thirty but went to Wally World first and bought a can of collard greens, a can of black eyed peas and smoked pork chops for tomorrow. I can't remember a New Year's Day when I haven't had them and sure wasn't breaking tradition.

I need all the luck I can get.



We had 260 reservations on the books at work and thought I would never make it home until midnight or later.

I told my manager wasn't worried about partying, but our dogs were home alone and more worried about fireworks and how they would take them, especially our blind dog.

Once we got through most of the reservations he came up to me and said "Leave but go quietly."

How awesome was that?

The fireworks started booming five minutes after I got home and haven't stopped yet.

Aren't they intended for midnight?


Kudos for this dog!



I've been a basket case since moving to Orlando.

I lost my job and insurance, left my home of over twenty years and wound up in a tiny rental house with a tiny back yard with flamingos and seemingly pelicans and whatever else they are baiting my dogs from fifty feet away with a four foot fence between them.



Yep.

That's sounds about right for me.



Here's what changed my mindset.




I'm the new old kid on the block at work. I struggled at first and sometimes still do, but have never been late or ever called out. I work from the time I clock in until the time I clock out.




That's one thing which has paid off.

I have a great job.

Does it pay like my old one?

No.

But lucky for me doesn't have to. I make what I need and then some, but am in on the ground floor of something great.

My resolution for the New Year is to be grateful.

Am I where I want to be?

Not yet.

Can I get there?

Most certainly.

I know my daughter feels lost too.

But here's the thing.




Hello 2017.

It's been a tough few months but know how much is catapulting us to the next level.

We're here now. This is our home.

In six months will buying our forever home.

Haven't found it yet but when we do will be an awesome place to live and visit.

I'm 99% sure.

Roll with the punches and go with the flow.

Anything else is unproductive.

Til next time...COTTON



No comments: