Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Crazy Cotton Christmas

Christmas Season will be in full swing tomorrow, the first day of December. How can that be when we just took this picture?

It was 87 degrees here today. I worked the day shift and just seemed weird hearing "The weather outside is frightful" playing on the music system. The only time I wear real shoes is when I work. When not at work am in flip flops, cut offs, a tank top and still hot.

It seems ridiculous to decorate the house for Christmas in the middle of summer weather. I feel like the tinsel would melt.

Also all my Christmas decorations are back home in the attic and garage. I've just decided to skip decorating this year. Number one we're in a temporary rental house not our 'home' and number two, will rock it out of the park next year when are in our forever home.



This was our house last Christmas.


This is our house this Christmas.

Massey and I decided to decorate this way, this year.



We'll buy tiny ornaments to hang on this plant with a tiny string of lights going around it. Above the plant (our tree) will hang my  favorite Christmas decoration ever.


It's a framed Christmas card from my  mother to her own mother when she was in her late teens. On the inside is her handwriting (which I always love to see) and says  "With much love, Ann."

It's taken a minute or maybe two months but finally getting it.

Change isn't easy but is what it is.

A change.


To be honest think we were all ready for a change.


One Christmas without all the fuss and fanfare may be just what we needed.




I'm so blessed it ain't even funny and funny is what I'm all about.




I'd much rather laugh than cry. My eyes never get puffy from it and my nose never snots up.


George Carlin put it best. He not only summed up life but makes you think about what you're doing with your own.




My total desire and goal is to add life to my remaining years.




If you try sometimes... you just might find you get what you need.

Til next time...COTTON





No comments: