Sunday, June 12, 2016

Memories


While cleaning out drawers and closets for our move, came across twenty small VCHS tapes I had stuck in a box. I never use my camcorder anymore but did a lot when the kids were younger. I don't think I've watched any of them for about ten years or more. Someone told me they transfer them to DVD form at Sam's club so last payday went and joined. They called less than two weeks later and told me were ready. I picked them up yesterday. They filled up nine DVD's and gave me two copies of each.

I worked in the yards for almost six hours (obvious from the above feet) and came inside to cool off with a cold one.

I spent the next four hours cruising down memory lane. It was wonderful. My own Diddy died in 2002 from West Nile Virus but got to see his face again and hear his voice.


I got to see all three of my kids grow up again, from kindergarten graduations to beach trips with my sister and her own two. I come from a pretty entertaining family, let's just put it that way.

A lot of people aren't as fortunate as me. I come from a very closely knitted family unit which has always been tight. Of course we have disagreements but at the end of the day simply agree to disagree. I know people who haven't spoken to their family members in decades. That simply wouldn't work for us. We're a crazy eclectic clan of nuts and wouldn't have it any other way.

This is one of my favorite family photos from a family reunion a few years after my own mother died in 1977. It pretty much says it all.


This was about a year before I married Tim, but he attended with me. His family is also wonderful and love them to death but they have some issues with staying in touch. That's sad to me. You only have one true family and should be one with no restrictions or hard feelings.

Webster's defines true as "Fundamental; essential" and is exactly what family means to us. Yes, once again I am blessed beyond belief. There's nothing I wouldn't do for my own family and know for a fact (proven over the past half decade) is nothing they wouldn't do for me.


There's just us three sibs left now, but are left with each other and is a wonderful feeling to have.


A happier childhood and memories I couldn't have asked for. The loss of our mother when I was just seventeen was tragic, still is... to all three of us. The loss of my father was a tremendous blow as well but God took him quickly too and us sibs huddled even closer.

Watching those videos last night flooded my thoughts with how lucky I am. I still love my family and my family stills loves me, with all my many faults. Faults simply don't matter in my family... love does.

Counting down the weeks until my own little family is back together again in Orlando. Work is off the chain crazy for me, the summer travel season hit early and still have the Olympics to go. I'm making incredible money and coming home every night totally exhausted but once again blessed beyond belief. I'm socking away every penny I can and thankful for the opportunity to do so.

Case in point.


Really? One dude just having dinner before a flight? I think I've reached the pinnacle of my career as a server but it came just when we (my family) needed it the most and Thank God for it every day.

And bonus point have my sibs supporting me along the way.

I saw the most fascinating video the other day which made me realize what true family is all about. It's a unit who sticks together, let's everyone do their own thing but always have each other's back.



I come from an amazing troop as well.

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: