Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Give Peace A Chance


So the small minded idiots have reared their ugly hateful heads again and literally sickens me. There are so many millions and millions and millions  of good people on this earth as compared to the evil few, surely we will win this battle.


I was a proud airport employee and  American today at work. Did the thought of something bad possibly happening cross my mind? It did,  but only fleetingly ; just as it does every other day of my life. I could be in a car accident or be the victim of a sudden heart attack. I could step off a curb and be run over by a bus but none of that occurred today and I'm okay.

You can't and shouldn't live in constant fear of  bad things you have no control over. Live your life to it's fullest and take control of the fear instead.

The international terminal was packed with travelers continuing on with their plans to fly overseas and was proud to see it. I don't think one table or person mentioned the madness of yesterday, it was simply implied since being all over the news and social media with each event. We chose to talk instead of pleasant things and plans they had made, and were keeping...regardless.



All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need
There's nothing you can know that isn't known
Nothing you can see that isn't shown
No where you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
It's easy
All you need is love.


The Beatles called it right, all you need is love.

It even brings back memories of a hymn we sang countless times in the church which I was raised.

If I trust Him ever, I shall not be moved;
He will fail me never, I shall not be moved,
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
Lord, I shall not be moved. 

On His word I'm feeding, I shall not be moved;
He's the One that's leading, I shall not be moved,
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
Lord, I shall not be moved.


I quote this simply because I happen to have been raised in the Christian faith, not because everyone believes the way I do because they don't. Believe what you believe but live  a good life and aspire to be a good person. We'll all know one day...trust me!
I've seen a lot in my almost fifty six years and very clearly these past six or seven.

Live every day as if it were your last. Love and you will be loved. Be a good person and good things will come your way, even if you have to wait. Remember your roots and those roots will hold you firm. When you think all is lost, it isn't. Fighting for what you believe in will surely help in winning the battle and be the sweetest victory of all. Never judge a person for their own beliefs, what if they did the same to you?

We're all on this planet and in this race together and regardless of individual ideals or beliefs should all want the same thing.

Peace.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

If we all stick together, if we all give our best, if we all never give in or all never up...will win over the minuscule madness of hate which is bullying our world.

You can be a Christian, you can be a Jew, Catholic, Muslim, Hindu or even an Atheist. Just be a good one and is a no brainer... us good guys will win!

We're all the same on the inside and need to fight the outside enemy of hate from within ourselves and together.



Let's power through it together, not worry about who's power is right.

Til next time..COTTON


No comments: