Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It Truly Is A Wonderful Life




It's been a long and winding road, to coin a phrase.

I fell in love after he fell in love with me. It was wonderful and all sunshine for twenty five years. Then over five years ago it all fell apart.

It's been the longest five years of my life...probably seems like ten to him.

As I think back over the battles we fought, always together but sometimes mentally apart have learned one thing.


It's easy to point fingers. Been there done that. Didn't help. Never will.


This was us on our honeymoon in California , traveling up and down the coast. The year was 1990. Never in a million years would have thought we'd go through the past five (plus) years, but we did.

My biggest accomplishment is he hasn't killed me yet.

When a man takes excellent care of you and your family for over twenty years then suddenly fails through no fault of his own, it's tough to not point...and unfortunately I did.



But we're still together albeit still apart. He was  a thousand miles away for a year but now only  a seven hour drive away.

Finances are no longer a huge worry and is such a wonderful relief.

We have a lot of work ahead of us to get back that loving feeling but have faith we will.



Old school stuff means a lot to me and feel sorry for kids today growing up in a Kardashian world with no other exposure or true realization of what "Real" is. Thank goodness my kids have the parents they do.

They have seen it all these past few years and hope was a lesson they take to heart.

Life comes with no guarantee and simply get what you give.



Til next time...COTTON

No comments: