Saturday, March 28, 2015

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk... Be Grateful You Had Some


Tomorrow, already today  (seems to happen to me a lot) is the baby shower for TJ and Chelsea at his mom's house a million miles away in Canton.

I've known about it for weeks and kept meaning to RSVP or remember to ask off at work; I did neither.

It's been a kindly stressful couple of months (six minimum) and have had quite a bit on my plate every single day of it to chew on, from planning on how to get from point A to point B with a way back to point A again after I clocked out again at point B.

That in itself was mentally exhausting and certainly don't have mentality to spare, I'm about wore slap out.

Coordinating this living a thousand miles apart while catching up bills has proved to be another test of our marriage but at least we're (I'm) a lot nicer now. Absence does makes the heart grow fonder... kinda miss yelling at him every chance I get when stressed out about (usually) something stupid.

Anyway...

I've put it off and tried to put it out of my mind but tomorrow I'm gonna be a Granny at the shower whether I like it or not.

For Pete's sake how in the world can I be old enough to be a grand parent?

Number one I don't even own a Mu Mu or knee highs, have never owned a four door Cadillac and am still kinda almost semi hip.

Okay, "hip" did make me sound old and was the first word I thought of.

Guess maybe I am old enough.

Huge mental sigh... there goes even more of my now extremely limited mentality!

On the up side am glad I started highlighting my hair, am gonna need all the help I can get.

It'll all be okay in less than a year and has been a half decade struggle but can say with complete almost total confidence everything will indeed be okay ...God Willin' and creek don't rise.

Seems my main resistance towards the idea has nothing to do with the fact  TJ and Chelsea are having a baby but with the fact they're still babies. They are aren't they?

What have   been smoking?



We've had some bad luck, unbelievable circumstances occur these past few years but if an almost fifty five year old ninety nine pound woman soaking wet from hot flashes can endure and overcome surely to goodness two strong twenty something year old kids can have a tiny baby together and everything be okay in the long run.

I guess maybe it's just "me" tired of running.




It's going to be rough at first, they're struggling just like us and millions of others. Tim and I were far from rich when first getting together but were doing okay by the time Zach came along.

TJ and Chelsea have the greatest advantage of all on their side, four families who will love, support them one hundred percent and always have their back.

Sometimes it's nice to have your kid's back (especially teenagers) so can silently mouth behind them the words "I told you so".

It's not like anyone, especially me is flawless or doesn't make a bad decision but this wasn't one of those times.

They decided to bring a tiny human being into this world who will have even tinier parts of all the families.

The kid's sure to be eclectic, defined by Webster as: "Selecting or employing individual elements from a variety of sources".

It's truly a miracle, it really is!

Bonus points, don't have to worry about her being all freaky. She doesn't carry any of my blood but will have all of my heart. Trust me, that's an even sweeter deal.

My life is mine, I chose it. Who am I to choose theirs?




You know what? Ole Daisy Moses looked pretty good when she wasn't clocked in!

My gift tomorrow/ today will be a printed copy of this post awaiting her approval to post, a modest gift card but nice present in a few short weeks when  find something nice they really need. I'm hoping baby shower presents don't have a cut off notice.

Okay, I'm on board now.

I think I'd like the baby to call me "Daisy".

Til next time...still COTTON



No comments: