Sunday, March 2, 2014

The More You Do, The More You Want To Do.

I came home from work last night and my sweet sister had been over and at it again. She painted my kitchen table, microwave stand and brought back two of my kitchen chairs newly painted. She also sanded the walls in my garage and even brought the paint for the walls. I'm not sure what I've ever done to deserve such a good sister but wish I did so I could do it more often!

Opened the restaurant today. I love my Sunday shifts. I open with another server I really like and usually off by five at the latest and three at the earliest. A girl I used to work with at the Western Sizzler I was fired from had a baby shower at our restaurant today and waited on them. I knew all the girls but two and was fun chatting with them. Bonus points they tipped me outrageously.

I went by Tractor Supply after work and got the hounds some food. Came home and changed clothes, it was in the mid seventies and beautiful today. I threw some drumsticks in the oven to bake and headed off for my seemingly daily trip to the grocery store.

All three of the Lost Boys were at work so it was just Tim, me and the pups. You'd think at the age of fifty four it'd be just Tim and me all the time. Our kids don't work that way.

Now that my house is clean it's so much fun to putter around and get even more things done. The more I do, the more I want to do.

Things may not being great for us but could easily change with an email, phone call or voice-mail. I have complete faith in my husband and know something wonderful for him is right around the corner.
It's crazy, when I finally do succumb to depression or despair something happens to lift us up and get us through.
I have to constantly remind myself to look for silver linings but when I do, see many. My sister has helped me see what a little effort on my part can do to make my house a wonderful place to be. My kids are healthy, happy and making me proud. My husband hasn't killed me in my sleep yet and  have a job that appreciates me. A lot of rich people can't even say that. Alanis Morrissette said it best:


I'm broke but I'm happy
I'm poor but I'm kind
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby
What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine
'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five


You know what? Everything IS gonna be fine fine fine. I sometimes...no often wonder what I have done to be so blessed?

 Never dwell on the negative, it doesn't help and gives you more wrinkles. Always look forward, the past is unchangeable.

I can say without doubt I'm blessed to have a faithful unwavering husband, two sib's who have taken excellent care of me, a brother in law who always comes to our rescue and so many good friends it would take a calculator to count them all.

My "Pay it Forward" list is so long I will be busy for a long, long time.

I look forward to it.

Dr Seuss said "Only you can control your future." He was pretty smart.

Til next time...COTTON








No comments: