Tuesday, February 25, 2014

AAAHHHHH!

I've turned into a wimp since I've started having days off. For the past few weeks I had two days off, something I haven't had in six years. The past week almost killed me, I worked six days. Tonight was my last shift and have the next two days off.
I can play in my new kitchen...as opposed to putting up with my old kitchen.
I can continue the never ending quest of De Dogging my house. I can catch up not only the laundry but wash sheets, curtains and knock down cob webs from every corner of every ceiling. I can change the filter in the furnace and  even clean out the last two closets.

For years I worked day after day after day. I finally realized taking a day or two off was okay. So I wouldn't make money, it wasn't like that extra hundred or two dollars would change our situation dramatically but working too much may kill me and that would pretty much suck for the ones left here.

Then they'd have to throw me a big fancy funeral complete with a Disco ball and a keg of Natty Light. I've given strict instructions, when I go (and hope it's quickly like my parents) It's gonna be the biggest ParTay peeps have ever seen. There will be an Emcee (my brother) and his lovely assistant (my sister).

People will simply tell stories about how they met , knew or know me. People will laugh because my brother is the funniest person I have ever known. People will love me even more because my sister is pretty much a Saint, or should we call her a Saintress? She seems to think highly of me which means she is REALLY high up on the list of MY favorite peeps.

You know you are getting older when you worry about funeral plans.


We've come from being without a penny in our pockets to being
THIS CLOSE.
I pray every day things will get better,  so I know they will .

To people out there with problems larger and huger than ours...

Keep the faith. Fight every day and pray every night. One day you will have two days off  too...look back at how hard you fought and know every shift was worth it.

My dream is to live a good life and be loving, be close to God and be a good human being and bring peace to people.

Kudos to Ziggy Marley for calling it right.


No comments: