Tuesday, October 29, 2013

BOO to You!

This is my favorite Halloween cartoon.

So it's Halloween week once again. It was always such a fun holiday when I was a kid. By the time you were six or seven you could go out trick or treating alone with your friends and your parents stayed at home...it was that safe and no one even had a cell phone. If they wanted you home they simply stood on the front porch and hollered your name. Boy have times changed.

By the time we moved to Newnan,  TJ maybe went trick or treating once, throwing a sheet over his head with two eye holes cut out and dragging around a pillow case for his candy bag but Massey and Zach were at the perfect age and enjoyed it immensely. I still have this picture framed and on my kitchen wall.

Not to be left out, I've had a few costumes of my own.
There was the year I was working at Western Sizzler  (as I now call it) and went to Waffle House and borrowed a complete uniform from a waitress who worked there. I thought the blacked out front tooth and hair net was a nice addition. I would greet every table with a loud "Good Morning!" The next year they banned us from wearing costumes.

The restaurant I work for now encourages us to dress up...gotta love a family owned business!
Made this costume myself for five bucks! I wore it two years in a row but this year I'll be Peter Pan at the Mattress store where I also work so I'm getting three years out of my five dollar investment! I guess I need  to  check and make sure it's alright but  can't see  them telling me no unless I was dressing as Miley Cyrus in her Twerking outfit.

My new funny Halloween fave is a video I saw on the Ellen show.



I laughed so hard I cried. I bet I have watched it ten times and still laugh every time! 

It's nice to be able to laugh again. I mean I always tried to keep my sense of humor but for a while there it was pretty tough going and not much to laugh about, although I had the crying part down pretty good for a short time.

Somehow, someway and with  prayers and help from many have reached the point where I truly think we can move forward from now on.

Sure we still have a few kinks to work out, like Massey's next three years in college or my dog's eye surgery or Tim landing a full time job but God is good and He will open the door when He is ready and holler for us to step through,  just like my parents used to holler for us to come home from our open front door when we were kids. I have no doubt about it!

Everyone have a Happy Halloween. Til next time...COTTON






No comments: