Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'm Ready Now

It's been a long and twisting road. It's had good  turns and some bad detours but we've made it to the starting gate. Thursday morning we move Massey into her dorm room. It just seems funny using Massey  and dorm room in the  same sentence.

She was a happy little girl and  hate to lose my daily bestie but know it's time. I'm over the sad part and beginning to feel her excitement, it's contagious.

Yes I've spoiled her but at least she's not rotten. She's a driven young woman who knows what she wants and chomping at the bit to get started. How can I be sad about that?

I'm ready now. I'm ready  to take her up there, settle her in and come back home to wait and see what  all she can accomplish on her own.

I wish I had been half the kid she is at  the age of eighteen.Waking  up tomorrow and taking her to college.  Coming home without her.

Leaving her in good hands, a great  room mate and a great university. I'm over the anxiety and simply excited to see how far she can go.

You got this girl, I know you do!
Eighteen years ago you  were a tiny four pound baby who was lucky to survive.
Today you are a young  woman who not only beat  the odds but is destined for success.

Go  gettum girl. Show  the world what a Leach/Cotton can do!
You are a beautiful young woman, inside and out. I know you will make me proud, you  already have!

Til next  time...COTTON










No comments: