Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Another Day Older and Deeper in Sweat

Another day in the ole literal sweat shop! Started out my day by loading up two king size box springs and rolling them to the loading area for afternoon pick up. I was drenched in sweat by  the time it was done and only took five  minutes. Not a good sign when it's ten fifteen in the morning and  you work til eight at night. I could feel the trickle running down between my A cups and down from my arm pits. I had to cut on the A/C for fifteen minutes just to dry out. The rest of my day was easier, pushing through paper work and working up quotes. I had a guy come back from yesterday and bring his wife with him (always a good sign) to pick out a sofa, loveseat, side chair and two pub stools.  It's over a grand and said they would be back later on in the day to decide between two different couches.  I have them a quote all written up and although they didn't come back today feel pretty certain they are serious...I know I am!

Right before noon I got a break and sat down in front of my three fans. I checked my messages and had one from the foundation who previously offered to help with Ham's eye surgery. I sent them a message last night when I got home from work telling them I had found a vet willing to operate on my pup's eyes and wanted to see  if they were stilling willing to help. She said she was forwarding my message to the director and they would be contacting me!

Looks like we are one step closer to Ham seeing again. Even if it's blurry sight, at least it's some sight. Hopefully after reading Ham's Facebook page I told them about will maybe even kick in for the Full Monty, lens implants!

So many people have donated to get Ham to this point and that is the one requirement, you  are actively fundraising for your dog's treatment. I feel pretty confident this wonderful organization will be the answer to our prayers.

Tim had an interview yesterday...another good thing. As just like our luck , his car broke down on the way home from it. He at least got back to Newnan and less than five miles from  the house. Just like Ziggy being a good bad dog, us Cotton's have good bad luck. It could have happened on the interstate or as a good friend pointed out, could have happened on the way TO the interview. Tim said the place where he interviewed at didn't even have a driveway and had to bump up on the curb to get into the parking lot. I love Tim dearly but for Pete's sake,  then leave  the car BY the curb. He must have either knocked something loose or busted the oil pan because as he got off the highway his oil light came on and he limped his way into the Auto Parts store parking lot where he bought two quarts of oil that immediately began to drip out from the bottom of the car. Our mechanic who is literally across  the intersection is picking the car up and seeing what's wrong. I don't care what it is as long as it's a cheap fix.

Massey and I were in her car one day when she was driving me to work (since I don't have a car either) and I started singing the old song from the TV show,  Hee Haw.

"Gloom, despair and agony for me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...gloom despair and agony for me."

Massey being seventeen had no idea where the song came from but said matter of factually, "Please never sing that song again, it's a total downer."

Here's the real deal. Yes we've had lots of bad luck but have had some really good luck too. There were days a couple of years ago when I didn't know if we would keep our house. There were days when I didn't know if we'd have electricity, water or even groceries. We've come a long way, thanks to the Grace of God, family, friends and even strangers.

We made it through to the other side. Granted we're starting over but so many people never get that chance and so many people don't have the network of support  we do.

I wake up every morning tired and go to bed every  night exhausted but at least I do it knowing  we still have our house and a multitude of peeps who have helped make it happen.

Add to the mix I have three kids who mean the world to me and three pups who run a close second. I'm a Momma and Momma's take care of  their own.

When I take into consideration all the bad things that have happened and all the good things that have happened, I realize what a wonderfully lucky person I am.

Heading to bed and know I will sweat throughout the night, wake up tomorrow and sweat throughout another day.

It most certainly beats  the alternative, not waking up at all.

Turning in for the night and turning the covers back. I'm here to tell you, I thought financial ruin was bad until I started menopause.

Holy Crap...It's a killer. Somebody come up with a cure for this and they will be the next Bill Gates!

Til next  time... A Sweatin' COTTON





No comments: