Monday, April 22, 2013

Yep, I'm a Doofus

I was supposed to be off today but picked up a shift at the restaurant tonight to have some extra money since I'll be selling furniture the next  three days and won't be bringing home cash every  night.

I agreed to cut the front of the subdivision again this year so I loaded up my gear around noon, cranked up Johnny and headed to the front. I was all prepared. Had my long picker upper stick Barb gave me last year, a plastic trash bag to put all the trash in and my buddy Mr. Weedeater across my lap with a full tank and long line of extra weed eater line in my front pocket.

Took me about one hour to finish  the cut but  have to weed eat both the ditches on either side of the road which takes twice as long. By  this time the chilly air was gone and I was sweating so I putted back home on Johnny and put on a tank top. I returned to the front and did the weed eating on one side and moved to the other side. It took another hour to weed eat the bigger side and picked up so much trash people had thrown out of their cars that it reaffirmed my decision to junk up my car before throwing trash out the window.

My spare weed eater line was starting to poke out of my pocket and should have known better than to leave it hanging out. I didn't notice how much it was hanging out but when the weed eater cut out suddenly, noticed that the weed eater I hold right next to my hip had sucked the spare line right into  the motor. Yeah  I'm an idiot. My weed eater was fried. He was on his last leg anyway, the guard was totally gone and he would only work on half choke. (Big Sissy)

I went back home and got my hedge clippers. I started clipping down the last ten feet of weeds but finally just pulled them up with my hands.

I got home with just enough time to get a shower and head into work.

Hopefully the HOA will drop me off a check tomorrow for the cut. They usually take a couple of days to pay me, which ticks me off especially when I'm broke...which I always am.

I headed into work and made decent money, enough to get me through a couple of days but my body was aching like crazy.

I'm super nervous about tomorrow. There is so much more I need to know but guess I can wing it til I do.

If Jethro thought he could be a brain surgeon and Gomer thought he could be a deputy sheriff, I think I can be a furniture store manager.

I have my notebook full of detailed instructions I wrote down and a good friend from the corporate office at my back.

What the heck! Let's give it a shot.

Massey seems to think I can do it. My friend seems to think I can do it. I guess the only one worried is me.

I've always been a worry wart.

Waking up tomorrow, going in and giving it my best shot! Let's hope I have excellent aim.

Til next  time...COTTON

No comments: