Friday, April 19, 2013

Too Much Hate

"Been away, haven't seen you in a while.
How've you been?
Have you changed your style and do you think
That we've grown up differently? Don't seem the same
Seems you've lost your feel for me

So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye.
There ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys.
There's only you and me and we just disagree.

I'm going back to a place that's far away. How bout you?
Have you got a place to stay? Why should I care?

When I'm just trying to get along We were friends
But now it's the end of our love song...

So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye.
There ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys.
There's only you and me and we just disagree."





I heard this Dave Mason song on the radio tonight when I got home from work while I caught up on all the Boston news. The lyrics hit home to me.

The world is a mess of hatred. Some hate our President. Some hate and some love guns. Some hate other people's religion. (which is hypocrisy at  it's best) Some hate other races (which  totally fires me up) and some hate people for  their sexual orientation. (don't even get me started)

We just disagree. Can we not leave it at that?

 Webster's defines the word disagree  as "To have a different opinion." More importantly it also defines it as "To cause adverse  effects."

Can we not realize every person has the right to their own opinion? They may be right, they may be wrong but it isn't up to us to judge. Not everyone is Christian on  this earth but " Judge not lest ye be judged" seems a simple rule to follow.

Yes it was horrific what happened in Boston. Yes it was horrific what happened on 9/11. The courts may drag it out (almost a certainty) and money  may be wasted (already has been) but  the hate needs  to stop.

In order for the world to change, change needs  to start from within. Don't hate...Love!

I detest what these  two kids in Boston did but am not one to judge. They will meet their maker (be it God, Buddha or Allah) and have to answer for themselves. Can't people be satisfied  with that?

Does no one remember the saying "What goes around comes around?"

The hate needs to stop.

Til next  time...Cotton








No comments: