Monday, April 8, 2013

Nice Way to Start the Week

Week three without a vehicle started out pretty good. Massey is back in town so I lost my free car. Zach's buddy (with a car) called around one and said he was hungry so Zach treated all three of us to lunch at Mother's Kitchen. Zach's friend had never eaten there.

 We got there late, almost two and Momma sat alone eating at the table she has by  the register for her family and friends. We all three joined her after ordering and ate with her. The lady is crazy about Zach and so is her daughter. (who gave Zach a free piece of her sweet potato pie)

For once she wasn't sold out of mashed potatoes and  admit they were the best I ever had. I also had fried chicken with gravy, black eyed peas with chopped onions and tomatoes on top and corn bread. Zach's friend didn't say two words while we ate. (he's the silent type)

Zach invited Momma out for dinner on Saturday night, his treat. He's off and wants to  take her to Texas Roadhouse where he works for dinner. Her response was "You know, I just might aim to do that!"

When we left,  Zach's friend commented "I didn't know they knew you all like THAT!"

I had to bum a ride to work from Massey after she got home from school and then she had to take Zach to work. My car should be ready Wednesday so  only have one more day of bumming rides.

Work was excellent. Slow but extremely profitable. Waited on four tables and stood out back with Ben Franklin in my pocket waiting for Massey  to pick me up before nine.

I have a big chance and change in front of me. Too early to comment but if all works out, life will begin to be MUCH easier and way more profitable for us. I have my fingers crossed and prayers sent up.

We had a birthday party  for my sister yesterday. She was definitely surprised, considering her birthday isn't til tomorrow. That's the easy  way to surprise someone!

I will blog about that tomorrow and it will be a pleasure. She is the most amazing woman and sister I have ever known.

So  this week is starting out pretty good. I like that! Maybe my long awaited recovery  train is finally pulling into  the station.

We shall see!

Lots more to write and blog about but it's my turn to pick Zach up from work.

Til next  time...COTTON



No comments: