Friday, March 15, 2013

Thank Goodness Spring is Almost Here, I need Some More Leaves!

Worked a long shift today. Went in at eleven this morning and it was like watching paint dry. I made enough to mail the rest of Massey's graduation invitations and buy some gas. At least I got off in time to go home and do border patrol for Ziggy. Why in  the world he wants out of a 3/4 acre fenced in yard boggles my mind. Sometimes he'll stay in the yard for hours...other times he's over the fence before you  can holler "NO!" I have the back pretty much  covered but little Houdini has learned he can put his front paws on the old wooden gate I propped up to cover the holes he dug UNDER the fence and once his paws are on  top of the gate simply propels his lithe body over without touching the top. My nails and  fingers are so chewed up from  putting up wire fencing and boards that now my hands match my haircut...no wonder people call me "Sir."

 After border patrol, Massey and I went to the gas station in Tim's car to buy him some gas for his trip into work at  midnight. My debit card didn't work at the pump and the attendant came over the speaker and said "Sir,  try running your card as credit instead of debit please." I didn't hear them say that but Massey did and told me about it after I pumped the gas.

 Sometimes I just want to scream "It's a haircut people! I may only weigh ninety nine pounds but these babies I'm touting are a solid 34 A."

We bought some groceries for the house since I had to go back to work. Then the bombs started dropping.

 Massey said she and her Dad were going into Atlanta on Saturday  to have lunch with  Senor Bink, Tim's high school Spanish teacher who lives in mid town. I told her that would be awesome. It didn't seem so awesome when she said "Dad said  to leave us money  for lunch."

Zach had borrowed some money  from me last week. I would have told him no but had just sent Massey  to New York, and the entire time he was out of work never asked me for money once. He promised to pay me back when he got paid (yesterday) but of course he was off with his buddy yesterday  and spent the night at his house.

He called me  this morning when I was at work and asked if I needed that money?
DUH!
Then he followed up with "Do  you need it all back?'

Here's the thing with kids.  I was totally irresponsible as a teen. I thought my parents were made of money even though I knew they weren't. At least Zach offered SOME money. I just told him to give me what he could.

Zach just got home from work (in MY car) and announced he put thirty dollars in gas into it. Granted he owes me thirty five more but I'm calling it a win.

Tim pays all the bills that come in through the mail. Mortgage, insurance and utilities. I am grateful for this but what the rest of them  don't seem to realize is I  DO pay one mailed bill, the Verizon bill.

 I also buy all the gas for the three vehicles although Massey helps out some with her babysitting money for her own car. I also buy all  the groceries  in  the house. I buy  all the staples from toilet paper to dog food. From cleaning products to shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste and laundry detergent. When the kids get sick I take them to  the Doc in a Box and fill the prescriptions. I buy their underwear from the Sock Shoppe and endless school supplies. I keep  the yards cut, house semi clean and push through laundry they throw in to wash and think will miraculously finish itself. Basically I keep  the household running. I may not do a great job but I pay for the half ass job I do!

Do  they they think our printer just keeps printing and printing without those thirty dollar cartridges, not to mention  the paper they are printing ON? Do  they think the furnace  doesn't need  that expensive filter changed at least once every  two months? Do they think paper towels  grow on trees?

 Do they think about taking care of three dogs and their shots?

My guess is NO!

Now I know why my own momma was grumpy a lot of the time.

Not bitching...just simply making a statement.

I wouldn't change my life but sure would like someone around  here to every once in a while say  "Dang, you  DO do a lot" and not mean that I have diarrhea.

Just venting...I know they couldn't make it without me!

Through with serving tables til Monday and resting up for my furniture gig .

Absolutely fascinated with Jodi  Arias. She's knocked General Hospital off  the charts. Gonna watch  the updates on the psycho's trial and get up and do it again. Just felt good to make MYSELF feel good.

Sometimes a girl's just gotta do what  a girl's gotta do...

Til next  time...COTTON




No comments: