Monday, March 25, 2013

Still Truckin'

It's been a rough week. We've had  rougher so maybe that's an overstatement but it's still been  a doozy.

Talked to the doctor from GVS today about my pup's eye surgery. I was extremely bummed. They are concerned about putting Ham under anesthesia for cataract surgery, which is considered cosmetic/ elective surgery. They  feel he could live a healthy life being blind but the risk is too great for having him put under for the surgery. She said he would have to undergo a full cardio / pulmonary exam to see if his heart was healthy enough and mentioned it was pretty costly.

Ham has had so many humans (I call them humans instead of people because of the humanity they have shown Ham) help get to this point I just don't feel like giving up on the sweet boy. She is  going to work up an estimate on the cost of the full  exam and get back to me. It's been a  blessing having so many  love my pup and get him through all these exams, shots, vaccinations and heart worm treatments,  not to mention the gas they have bought me for trips to and from the vet and even supplying dog food. I could have never EVER done it on my own and will be eternally grateful for  the tremendous support Ham has received. It's been none of my own money and  have no qualms about admitting  that. My money has been spent on bills and helping to keep a roof over ALL our heads.

My husband just came home from work after picking up Zach from work since my car is sick too, sitting in the garage refusing to run. Tim's feeling is "Ham's happy and healthy thanks to all these people. Let's just let him be."

I'm a mother of three kids and three pups. "Just let 'em be" has never been an option for me, whether it relates to my kids OR pups. Maybe it should this time..I just don't know.

I'm contacting the foundation tomorrow which offered to help with the surgery to see if maybe they would be interested in helping with the cardio/pulmonary testing. You never know until you ask.

On a different note, Massey leaves on Friday for Disney World. It's spring break and a friend from school's family has offered to take her along with them and even has her a ticket for the parks. Needless to say there will be no souvenir money and she'll be going on a shoe string budget but with my car sick will be nice to have her car home and at my disposal.  At least she will have a nice Spring Break in Disney, drinking from water fountains when she gets thirsty. I think she's pretty lucky!

 That gives me a week to work and save up money. My little car, that I love dearly has a bad bearing(sp?) in the back wheel. It has four shocks that are shot, two tires almost bald and the  rear end needs to be replaced. The  radio hasn't worked in over a year (I've enjoyed many a silent ride) and neither does the air  conditioner but is a money pit  which seems to have no depth or end and one I can't afford.

The guy Tim traded in his Mercedes to for his older Volvo and Massey's  older Focus has yet another older Volvo for me! He's gonna give us $500 for my little totally broken down car and when I can scrape together another $500 (while Massey is gone for a week and I can work every day)  let me pay weekly. (or as I like to call it Weakly)

Work has been funky too. I did great at  the furniture store three weeks in a row but bombed out this past weekend. Seems sales are the same, whether selling food or furniture. You have good weeks and bad weeks. So I have to kick in fifty bucks to send Massey to Florida. I get to use her car for a week and work like a demon to make enough to get me a new , used car.

It's crazy how life seems to work out. If you continually work hard, somehow, someway it somehow happens.

I've been doing it for over three years and have lived to tell the story. That's a success story in itself.

I think my new Mantra will be "Somehow, someway...it will happen if you work like a Mo Fo."

Glad to have two jobs. Glad to be able to give my kids some kind happiness, not that they earned it totally but are pretty good kids and if I can give them a little glimpse of the good life maybe it will make them all strive for more.

Still in a quandary about my Ham, but  just glad he is alive thanks to so many!

Til next time...COTTON




No comments: