Friday, March 22, 2013

Random Thoughts

We had a good week here. My pup tested negative for heart worms and is headed to the next step in regaining his sight. I had a day off, which is always a bonus.  I found some six foot panels of wood at  the furniture store in the warehouse Circuit City left behind and think I finally have Ziggy penned in. It's been four days since he's escaped. Our back fence looks like a red neck concentration camp but at least it's keeping Houdini in.

Chatted with TJ on Facebook tonight in Australia and he has a job! As he said, "It's the worst job ever" but that always beats "No job."

On the down side,  my car wouldn't start today. Hoping to trade it in for scrap to  the guy Tim bought his and Massey's car from for an older Volvo.  Note to self: NEVER buy a car off Craig's List. Thank goodness Tim got booted to the night shift and we've been able to share his car.

Here's my next thought.  I buy gas at  Kroger because I save up fuel points. The people who buy gas there act like the gas is gonna run out if they  aren't the next one's to pump it. They  circle the pumps, pulling in behind one car  then backing out and trying to zoom in behind another car who finishes filling. Trust me, there's gonna be a shooting or at least a butt whooping at a Kroger gas pump one day.

Moving on...

Tonight at the restaurant it was one of our regular's birthday.  The guy is in several nights a week, always sits at the bar and works on his lap top. He's a quiet unassuming guy. I've been working there  three years and talk to him maybe once every week or two. They had him a cake tonight (which was nice) but when they brought it out to him began the worst, slowest rendition of "Happy Birthday" ever. Why do people do that? If you're gonna embarrass someone by singing to them, make it peppy and quick ! Ours sounded like a funeral hymn. I kept waiting for someone to say "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

 I remember when young and sitting in church, the minister of music  would say "Now turn to page 191 in your hymnal." and as we all sang "The Old Rugged Cross"  could see the pain in his face and more noticeably in his arms as he silently PLEADED with the congregation with his leading which seemed to scream  "Pick up the Pace Peeps!" The only thing worse was when they had us sing "Trust and Obey."

So we all sang Happy Birthday  to our valued customer and the song seemed  slower than watching paint dry.

If I had been in charge, we would have marched out with the cake chanting  "Go Go Go  Go Go Go , Shawty, Cause it's your birthday, we gon' party  like it's yo birthday. Sip Barcardi like it's your birthday!"

That's just me, but one of the reasons I like being me.

I'm through for the week with my serving job. Flipping over to a furniture sales person for Saturday and Sunday.

Who wants a  couch?

Til next  time.."Shawty COTTON"








No comments: