Thursday, March 14, 2013

Just "Wow!"

Life seems  to  be getting back to normal, if it ever was. I couldn't even imagine having a normal life at  this point...I am just happy to make it from point "A" to point "B." I just pray no one includes a point "C."

We saved our house, only four years away from  being totally ours. Granted three kids and numerous dogs have taken their best shot at destroying it, it's still OURS!

My kids can wear me out,  but try to always remember what an ungrateful teen I was.  My own Momma dropped dead in front of me in under thirty seconds with me and my sister looking on as nothing helped. Not the CPR my sister administered, not the prayers I sent up while on my knees in the parking lot waiting on the EMT's. Not even the ambulance that picked her up to take her to the hospital where Diddy  simply claimed her body on paper with his signature and told us she was gone once we arrived.

A few short minutes ago she was helping me try on jeans and thirty seconds later she was gone...forever.

What my own family has been through these past few years pales in comparison to watching your Momma die in front of you  in under one minute.

It also makes you  grow up.

My own family had almost two  decades of steady growth and success. Then the hammer of life hit again.

I was ready (kinda) for it this time. I'll admit we had so much help it isn't even funny but that's what happens when you are loved...You are "Loved."

I thought about it in it's entirety today and felt like getting a pat on the back. Tim lost his job almost four years ago and ever since I have worked like a demon. Looking back, my husband would have and wanted to do  the same but simply  couldn't. He took minimum pay jobs and looking back  feel for the humiliation he felt. I think HE is the one needing a pat on the back.

We are family and as a family we grow, needing each other, needing and feeding from Faith, family and friends.

Just WOW! How have we made it this far? How are we still in our home?

The answer is simple.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." (Dr. Seuss)

Feel better about battling tomorrow

"Bring it!"

Til next time.. COTTON.




No comments: