Friday, February 22, 2013

Seriously Rain...GO AWAY!

So it was raining when I went to bed last night. Woke up this morning and it stopped long enough for the pups to go out back for a bit. Tim was off  today and took Massey  downtown for the  tour at  Georgia State University. I had to be at work by  three so opted to not feed  the dogs, hence they  would have less pooping to do. One day ain't gonna kill em...besides we were out of dog food anyway. I left Tim some money and  told him to pick up a bag on  the way home from Atlanta.

When I left for work at two thirty I put Ziggy  in his crate.  He didn't fight me at all and has been going in there on his own quite a bit even when we are all home. I knew Massey  and Tim would be gone for at least four more hours and Ziggy has been known  to destroy my house in less  than ten minutes  so "A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do."

By the time I got off at ten it was coming down pretty hard.  I just don't like rain...unless I was rich, had no place I had to be on a rainy cold day and could pay someone to take my dogs out to crap in  the yard.

I'm not rich, always have someplace I have  to be and my dogs seem  to hate the rain and cold worse than me. I came home from work tonight around ten.  Ham and Ziggy  were  sitting by  the back door, looking all like "Let us out!"

I opened the back door and it was pouring outside. They looked out and I actually think I heard one of them say "Is she outta her mind?" Maybe it was just they way they looked back at me but neither one wanted anything to do with it,  which suited me just fine. Eight less paws and two less backs to wipe.

Charlie hasn't moved since I got home. I sat down at the computer to chat with TJ and blog. Charlie climbed under my desk so I  took my work shoes off, shoved my feet under his fat little body  and they have been warm ever since. Charlie's PAYING his rent!

I paid a ton of bills this week with our table hog server at work still in the pokey, but was cutting it pretty close today. I keep  forgetting I have a new second job with direct deposit each Friday and when I got home from work tonight it was like a party in my bank account! I bet that dollar fifty two I had in there yesterday said to my direct deposit today..."Dang! Where'd all Y'ALL come from?"

So what I have had one day off since January. At least I  had a day off...and have money in my bank account to boot!

Heading to bed. Gotta be at the furniture store tomorrow.(now today)  I have to work from ten in the morning til eight but it's been years since I got off at eight on a Saturday night.

Chatted with TJ for a bit on Facebook, talked to Massey briefly when she woke up to pee and have been thinking about Zach who is with his Aunt up in Raleigh at her "Magic Eight Ball" convention.

Seems like my life is finally back on track. It's a good feeling, one I haven't had for three years but one I have been frantically waiting for.

It's still raining...it's still  cold but I feel warmth coming. Got one son exploring the "Land down under" another son exploring the powers above and a daughter snoozing behind me excited and ready to start  her college adventure.

Still working too much but so much better to have a break two days a week and do something different.

I used to ask myself how much more I could take?  Now I know. Break it up, switch it up and enjoy life for a change.

Banked at work tonight and am good to go til Monday.

Life is crazy, raising kids is crazy, having dogs even more so. What would be even crazier (for me) is to kill yourself at  one job when having two makes it so much easier.

If the rain would just go away I'd be a happy camper.

Heading to bed with a bag of Wasabi Almonds to watch  the new General Hospital, AKA the Jodi Arias trial on CNN. What was SHE smoking? Yes I am riveted. Sometimes I think it's not a trial but a mini series. It's just a not so gentle reminder that "I'm doing okay."

Til next  time...COTTON







No comments: