Monday, February 25, 2013

Make it Go Away!

So  the sun came out yesterday and almost blinded me.  I was at  the furniture store, which  doesn't have heat so when no one was there I stood out front drinking in the warmth of the sun and flagging people inside. I did pretty good, sent over $1545.00 worth of merchandise out the front door and felt pretty  good about it. Got home before the sun was completely down and had a nice night with Massey...and three pups.

Let's talk about the three pups for a minute. With  all  this rain, they have been inside more than outside and  think it's made them nuts. (Huge pun)

Let me say right now  I dearly love and totally support my many gay relatives and friends but these gay pups are KILLING me! Since  this monsoon started well over a week ago, they have turned so gay they make Liberace look manly. It used to be Charlie and Ziggy, we called them Sigfried and Roy. Just the past week the fabulous torch has been passed and now it's the  "Ham and Ziggy" extravaganza! I'll have to say that when we got little Ziggy, Ham was already blind but Zig was a tiny pup. Now Ziggy is taller than Ham and is in dog years "A young stud."  Charlie is short and stout and can't even manage to hump him anymore. Plus he's lazy so gave up a few months back.

Ziggy is playful,  runs like a deer and never gets tired. He's started to really get close with Ham....a little too close. I'm thinking since Ham is blind, he probably thinks he is dating and licking the breasts of a really small chested woman. It's nuts! (another small pun)

The thing that kills me is Ham never quits panting after Zig.  Ziggy  will  take it for a hour or two then actually walks upstairs and gets in his crate with a look on his face like "Please shut and lock the door."

I've decided to take Ham to Dr. Marseli and have him neutered soon. He can't breed because his blindness is hereditary and maybe neutering will slow down his libido.

I came downstairs this morning to find Ham sitting in the kitchen dressed in spandex and wearing a lace collar just waiting on Ziggy  to be let out of  his crate. Not really...but the minute Zig was let out Ham was on him like stink on poop. I think Ham thinks he is the star of "Fifty Shades of Gay."

All the while, Charlie just sulks in the corner with a look on his face that screams "Yeah...you used to be MY bitch, you  traitor!"

Three male dogs with six balls , four eyes and not even one brain between them is not a good mix...especially when all have been sequestered for most of the time in the house for well over a week.

You can't MAKE up stories any more interesting than the life I actually live. I used to think my life was bad, and at one point it was.

Now it's just a sitcom...or maybe even a movie on the Lifetime channel.

My family has made it through the dark abyss. We are all still here and have survived. We are no where close to moving ahead but making amazing strides.

We have been humbled, we have been helped and we have been loved by not only The Big Guy but many many others.

It's a good feeling to wake up and know you'll still have electricity, water, gas and Internet. Internet seems frivolous unless you have a kid in school.

I have a new part time job, thanks to a friend of mine from high school. I was working almost thirty days straight slinging plates of food when she rescued me. Now I have two days a week to relax, sell some furniture and get home before midnight. It's refreshing, a lot less demanding and just what this tiny, worn out body needs.

Here's the real deal about life...

"I beg your pardon,
I never promised you a rose garden.
Along with the sunshine,
There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.
When you take, you gotta give, so live and let live,
Or let go.
I beg your pardon,
I never promised you a rose garden.

I could promise you things like big diamond rings,
But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover.
So you better think it over.
Well, if sweet-talkin' you could make it come true,
I would give you the world right now on a silver platter,
But what would it matter?
So smile for a while and let's be jolly:
Love shouldn't be so melancholy.
Come along and share the good times while we can."
I could sing you a tune or promise you the moon,
But if that's what it takes to hold you,
I'd just as soon let you go, but there's one thing I want you to know.
You better look before you leap, still waters run deep,
And there won't always be someone there to pull you out,
And you know what I'm talkin' about.
So smile for a while and let's be jolly:
Love shouldn't be so melancholy.
Come along and share the good times while we can."

Heading to bed...enjoying another day off and grateful to have it. Actually. I'm just grateful to have another day.

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: