Thursday, February 21, 2013

Losing My "Bee-otch"

Zach's been putting in applications to no avail but finally got the call today. He's starting at Texas Roadhouse next week cooking in  the kitchen. Great for him...kinda a bummer for me.

He's the best free help I've ever had. He's by  far the best cleaner in the house, runs a mean vacuum and my kitchen is spotless when he gets through with it. He has fed the dogs every day and hunts down Ziggy when Houdini makes an escape. He cooks breakfast for me in the mornings and watches the pups while I am at work. He's earned money from odd jobs and has never once asked me for money since being unemployed.

His attitude has changed over the past year. He went from a surly miserable know it all who didn't get along with anyone to a young man who owned up to his mistakes, paid for them and came out a better and wiser young man.

He left today with his aunt from Sacramento who is here on business for  a seminar in Raleigh, North Carolina.  She's all into spiritual advising and healing arts. She does readings, gives lectures and is right up Zach's alley... a free spirit and open minded individual. It's not really my bag, but she makes a good living at it and loves her job.

This will be a good trip for Zach. My sister in law will take good care of him and I  think they will get along fabulously.

He was all pumped today when he got the job and even seemed excited about his trip with his aunt. They will be back on Monday and I'm glad Zach got to take a little "Va-Cay." He stayed home and worked when we went to St. Augustine for vacation in July.

My kids are all so diversely different it amazes me they are even related. What amazes me even more is the fact  they have finally grown up enough to appreciate and fiercely love each other. My kids are closer to each other now than they have ever been.

It warms my heart. No... it FILLS my heart, completely!

After all we have been through the past few years, after all  the help from  family,  friends and even strangers...having my kids genuinely love each other and become thick as thieves  with each  other is an amazing feeling  and well worth the price.

I think Dr. Seuss summed it up best...

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”

Til next  time...a  Happy COTTON


No comments: