Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Just Another Day

You  can whine, cry and complain but that doesn't help anything.Doing something does. We've come a long way over the past three years and are so close to almost being almost caught up to just being slightly behind that it amazes me. We've gone from being almost six months behind on our mortgage to being almost current. It wasn't easy and we had lots of help from family and friends. We are still tight as a drum but still beating.

Then as I get ready for work day after day after day I listen to the news. Some crazy old dude killed a school bus driver and kidnapped a six year old off the bus. Wouldn't  you know it, the little boy had special needs but was unwillingly taken to an underground bunker to live in captivity for almost a week with his deranged kidnapper. A decorated Navy Seal sniper was shot in the back,  killed at a shooting range while trying to help a fellow soldier with PTSD. He could have been  blown off the planet by  an IED in the field of combat but lost his life here at home .

Kids and teachers killed in an elementary school just last month.

All the while, the fat cats we elected sit on their fat wallets in Washington,  infighting each others political party while WE all sit on empty  wallets waiting on them to do something about us...the American people.

While the people who elected them continue to struggle, they seemingly do nothing except still get paid..by us!

Let's get rid of the elephant AND donkey in the room. Let's do away with  the blue or red states. Let's be the "United States" of America and do something positive for Pete's sake!

If I could, I would fire every one of them and replace them with the average Joe.  I would send a hard working blue collar worker to Washington who has actually suffered and knows what it's like to not be able to pay the bills although they are working tirelessly. I would send single moms who don't have more kids just to get a bigger check but single  moms who want to be able to do it themselves for the kids they have.

I would take care of the soldiers who fought OUR battles, forgotten when  they come home to just be bound by  red tape and hoops  to jump through...held out by  the Rat Basts with deep and filled pockets.

I'd get rid of the homophobic and racist first, just cause  they  tick me off.

YOU have your beliefs, that's great, but who's to say YOURS are right and someone Else's are wrong?  Webster's defines belief as "The mental act, condition, or habit of  placing trust or confidence in another."

So are the Dems or Repubs wrong? Are the gays or straights wrong? Are  the rich or poor wrong? Is the NRA right or just effing nuts?

I'll give  you my take...It's not our place to judge, That's the Big Guy's job. OUR job to is live a clean and honest life. Our job is to live and love each  other.

It's a motto that has worked for me for over half a century...not that I'm bragging, well maybe a little bit.

My family is the product of hard work, love and help when needed . My family pays it forward every  chance we get. We expect nothing for free but know we will be provided with what we need if we help every person  we can, no matter how big or small.

Here's the real deal in my book...even though I am not Buddhist , it makes sense to me.. It beats being a Dem or Repub these  days.

Karma..."The  total effect of one's actions during  the successive phases of one's existence, regarded  as  determining one's destiny."

I bet Buddha and God are BFFL's... just waiting on us to wake up and smell the coffee.

I'll take mine with  four sugars and a butt load of cream please.

Wake up peeps... we are living in the Jetson age with a Flintstone  mentality.

Til next  time...COTTON






No comments: