Friday, February 15, 2013

Almost There!

It's been a long fifteen day run and I'm running on fumes but almost there. The last few days at  the restaurant 'wore me slap out' but  made it by sleeping late every  day... getting ready for work at the last possible minute and coming back home, staying up late to get  everything done I needed. I'd go to bed exhausted, wake up and  repeat the process.

On the up side, I finally got all my bills caught up and have enough money  to squeak through having Monday off. The kids have helped out as well. My house is a wreck but if they don't mind...I don't mind.

 If  the door bell rings I've instructed the kids to barely open the door , step outside to greet  the 'ringer' and tell  them we are under quarantine and no one is allowed inside of our house. It's rained for an entire week and  own three dogs who hate rain and don't know how to use a door mat. Need I say more?

It was sunny yesterday  but the back yard was still  a swamp. Ziggy aka Houdini was still leaping out of the back yard every time we took our eyes off him for three minutes. I went to Lowes today and bought seven foot wooden stakes and two rolls of wire netting. I came home , planted the stakes and stapled up the wire across every spot I have seen him leap over like a gazelle. I came inside to check my email. (I can watch  the back yard from my computer) He hunted around and found the one weak spot. I knew I should have covered that spot too but for Pete's sake...it's not like he's in a concentration camp or being mistreated. He has half an acre fenced in to  enjoy. The boy just has wanderlust. He simply HAS to be on the other side of that fence. I had fifteen minutes until I reached my window of 'no time to spare' to get ready for work. I grabbed my staple gun, more wooden stakes and wire and tried to  block the little bast in one more time. So far so good.

Got to work and said to a co worker immediately, "I'm just not feeling it...can I take my toys and just go home?"

Had to stay so I did. On the upside I now have enough money  to survive having a day off. It wasn't fun staying, but no one ever said life would be fun. Well maybe Ronald MacDonald or HR Puffinstuff did but they were paid to say it.

I have to work ten hours Saturday and six on Sunday but is a lot less stressful than restaurant work. I took a long shower before work today and should be good for twenty  four hours. I'll sleep  til the last minute, wash my face and go in to try and sell some furniture. The only downside is I am a sissy with cold temps and the furniture store doesn't have heat. I have it all planned out. Wearing pants with  my sock tights on underneath. Camisole, long sleeved tee shirt  and work shirt. A padded bra never hurts. Got my full length Misty Harbor coat and a nice silk scarf.

Sometimes when people ask me why  our email is The Clampetts I simply want to ask "Have you ever read my blog?'

It's getting better, it really is. We have made tremendous strides, taken  a few hits but hit right back. We are so close that I can't even make a joke about it.

If I do well this weekend at my new job, we're thinking about buying a house in France.

Oh wait a minute...that was the Kardashians, not us!

It's gonna be nice to switch jobs this weekend. It's no where near as physically demanding and I love the peeps I work with. My manager looks like Ray Romano and I call my fellow sales associate 'Snookie' cause she is DEF a Jersey girl. It will be nice to relax. I'll be sure to dress warm.

Gotta have Massey bring me lunch again, she was my good luck charm last weekend and I need all the help I can get!

Til next  time...COTTON

No comments: